Comments

Former user wrote on 5/19/2020, 3:43 AM

So I recently set up my studio with a C01U Pro condenser mic. The mic is functioning properly and when I start to record, Acid Pro recognizes the mic and records the audio. As soon as I stop the recirding, it saves the track but there is no audio and the track is visually blank.

Try right clicking the recorded track, choose "Normalize" see if a wave form then appears. If yes, that means you are recording at a level that is too low for the wave form to be seen with naked eye. You will need a microscope.

Zae-Rex wrote on 5/19/2020, 6:57 AM

I figured it out. My anti virus software was deleting my recordings. Thank you for responding. Now I just have to figure out why the program randomly crashes when I try to load certain projects haha

johnebaker wrote on 5/19/2020, 7:39 AM

@Zae-Rex

Hi

. . . . My anti virus software was deleting my recordings . . . .

Which one are you using and where were you saving the recordings?

. . . . why the program randomly crashes when I try to load certain projects . . . .

The same reason ??? Where are the projects saved?

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/19/2020, 7:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Zae-Rex wrote on 5/19/2020, 4:57 PM

@Zae-Rex

Hi

. . . . My anti virus software was deleting my recordings . . . .

Which one are you using and where were you saving the recordings?

. . . . why the program randomly crashes when I try to load certain projects . . . .

The same reason ??? Where are the projects saved?

John EB

The recording get saved in the same folder as the acid files. I’ve fixed the recording issue. The system crashes sometimes while working on a project. I’ll be mixing audio and then it will crash. I try to pull up an auto save or the self saved file and it won’t let me. But it will let me pull up other files and start new ones. It’s done this multiple times. Around 1/3 of the time to the point where i constantly have to render vocals periodically to save the audio recorded.

sheppo wrote on 5/21/2020, 4:38 AM

Most AV software allows setting folder,file, and file extension exceptions to the scanning engine. It might be worth looking at doing that for the user profile\documents\acid pro projects folder, or wherever you're trying to save projects, auto save, and recording temp files.