ACID Pro 10 not remembering DNe-1 MIDI patch assignment

Colin-Balmer wrote on 3/29/2021, 1:13 PM

Back in November 2020 I raised a post for a bug in ACID Pro 9 (https://www.magix.info/us/forum/acid-pro-9-not-remembering-dne-1-patch-assignments--1258281/#ca1602630). This ticket was closed but I never received any feedback on progress after the email saying it was referred to the technical team. I have since paid for an upgrade to Pro 10 and today received the major update with bug fixes - but this problem still exists. Here is the description:

When I insert a DN-e1 synth on a MIDI track, assign a patch to it, save the project and reopen the project, the patch number is remembered correctly if it is in Bank A but if it's a Bank B patch it is replaced with the same patch number from Bank A. So I have to reset the patch every time I open the project.

Even if I insert a Program Change into the MIDI track, the patch changes back to Bank A.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? MAGIX won't seem to address the issue without confirmation that it's not just affecting me.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/29/2021, 1:39 PM

@Colin-Balmer

Because these are user to user forums and not a contact for any Magix staff I doubt whether anyone here can help you with this, sorry.

I can only suggest you raise another support ticket and ask why the problem is still present.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Colin-Balmer wrote on 3/29/2021, 1:46 PM

Thanks Jeff - I replied to the last email they sent me and got an automatic reply that said "raise another ticket via the support form" which I misread as forum. Finding the support form is ridiculously complicated - following the support pages loops you back to the same place until you work out that you have to click Find More Solutions even though you know they won't help. I found it eventually.
I would be interested to know if other people are experiencing this issue though. Only 1 person said they did on my original post but it's a rock solid bug that happens every time so I can't believe it doesn't affect lots of people. The really annoying things is that MAGIX closed my ticket and sent me a satisfaction survey without even addressing the issue.