Acid Pro 10 installation problem

David-Dunbar wrote on 7/12/2024, 5:04 PM

I get the error "Setup has detected that the system is currently waiting for a reboot to complete a previous installation or update. To avoid problems, please reboot your system before installing"

I've rebooted over and over and nothing is happening and just keeps throwing up the error. What a hunk of junk.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/12/2024, 5:16 PM

@David-Dunbar Make sure you select Restart and not Shut down. Shutting down the computer only saves the current state and loads it again after turning it back on.

Also make sure all pending Windows updates are installed completely.

David-Dunbar wrote on 7/26/2024, 8:51 PM

I have done this multiple times and it's still showing it. I simply cannot get the setup to complete regardless of how many windows updates I do or how many times I restart it. I've even uninstalled and still the same thing. I'm basically unable to re-install this program or use it. It's the ONLY program I've had this happen on. Considering I can't use something I paid good money for because it has a bug that doesn't allow you to install or update says to me that it's been programmed poorly. Waste of money.

SP. wrote on 7/27/2024, 1:39 AM

@David-Dunbar Here is a possible solution

Open regedit

Search for the RebootRequired key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired

Delete the entry

reboot

https://www.reddit.com/r/VegasPro/comments/mq2vrj/i_need_help_with_this_error_while_installing/

Be sure you know what you're doing when editing the registry. Deleting the wrong entries can make your system unusable.