Acid Pro 10: Errors in MIDI output + corrupted file

Peter-Elfman wrote on 3/22/2021, 6:38 PM

This might be two unrelated issues, if so I'm happy to move one to it's own post.

I exported MIDI tracks from my new project. When I opened it in other programs, there were notes missing. Just deleted from the passage. I had to listen to the phrases a few times to figure out what was happening and resolve the issue.

Once I got over that hurdle, I noticed that there were entire phrases missing from one of the tracks. When I try to open the project again in Acid Pro - intending to export the missing phrases - Acid flat-out crashes, and I get the following error:

So now I can't get into the project to retrieve the MIDI that's missing from the initial exports. This is original music that I'm writing, and part of this process is to transfer it to music notation software so I have a record of the music outside of the project. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

(running Windows 10 64bit, 16gb memory, i7 processor)

Comments

sheppo wrote on 3/24/2021, 8:56 AM

That error message points to a specific VST3 plugin being the cause of the crash, so look at either removing that from the plugins being loaded, or looking for an update from the vendor.

I'm not too experienced with midi, so I can't really help with the midi exporting issue specifically though, sorry

Peter-Elfman wrote on 3/31/2021, 3:15 PM

It seems Acid users don't use it for MIDI very often. It's interesting, when I first got into using Acid Pro about 10-12 years ago, I was all about loops and samples, with very little MIDI use. Now I'm the exact opposite.

At any rate, after a full system reboot, I got the song to open up, and was able to export the needed MIDI tracks, then clean them up in another DAW because Acid dropped some notes in the export.