Acid Pro 10 crashing on my brand-new powerful desktop

YesYes wrote on 6/4/2021, 10:09 PM

Please someone tell me because I am about to ditch ACID Pro over this, it's too frustrating. I have ACID Pro 10.0.5 (Build 37) 64-bit. I am running it on my Lenovo desktop with 16gb of RAM. Here's what happens: I open my working file, spend a minute or so editing, playing the track. Then I hit the play-from-start button and get the blue spinner of death. I get an error message saying the program is not responding and would I like to close the program or wait for the program to respond. There may be a clash with a certain plug-in from Magix that might be causing the constant crashing? Has anyone else experienced this? HELP!!

Comments

Former user wrote on 6/6/2021, 6:10 PM

YesYes, to provide a short quick answer, AP is full of bugs. Isn't updated frequently. If it is, the updates are unstable. No news from the company that has any promising leads into the future of this software.

I always read the forums and only see users going in circles but no real answer is produced mostly by anyone. At least in my case, I invested in another software and only use Acid to audition sounds due to it's excellent browser setup. Rest, is up to you if you want to continue to go through the frustration. Good luck and sorry, I don't really have a solution for you otherwise. Your desktop is more than capable to run any other DAW without a hitch. But not AP.

SP. wrote on 6/8/2021, 12:17 AM

@YesYes Your laptop has probably only cheap audio hardware like most other laptops which can cause problems. A laptop being new or having lot of RAM doesn't mean a lot for audio software if the audio hardware is weak. Have you updated your hardware drivers and Windows 10 to the newest versions?

YesYes wrote on 6/8/2021, 1:31 PM

Hi, it's not a laptop, I have a Lenovo desktop, 16gb ram, i7-10700 Intel processor, Realtek internal sound card, Presonus Audiobox USB external interface. All newest drivers, ASIO4ALL.