Acid Pro 10: Computer Keyboard as MIDI controller

Peter-Elfman wrote on 2/10/2021, 12:15 PM

I eventually plan to get myself an actual MIDI controller. In the meantime, I have learned that most other DAW's innately allow for the desktop/laptop computer to be used as a MIDI controller. I tried to figure out/research how to do this in ACID, and the closest I got was a Reddit post saying the process is so convoluted it's not worth the time. So, I am here to ask, does Acid Pro 10 support this feature?

Comments

Former user wrote on 2/10/2021, 12:49 PM

Peter, Acid Pro is still in it's development status at the moment and Midi/instrument capabilites are dated. In my opinion, it would be a waste of money to buy a controller for Acid as most likely its going to disappoint you. DAWs like ableton are miles ahead in that respect but miles behind Acid in pick, paint and browswer setup. So, pick and choose as how you want to use Acid.

Peter-Elfman wrote on 2/10/2021, 7:17 PM

Peter, Acid Pro is still in it's development status at the moment and Midi/instrument capabilites are dated. In my opinion, it would be a waste of money to buy a controller for Acid as most likely its going to disappoint you. DAWs like ableton are miles ahead in that respect but miles behind Acid in pick, paint and browswer setup. So, pick and choose as how you want to use Acid.

Aman, sincerely, thanks for the quick response!😀

Trying to paint notes is tedious, frustration, and definitely interferes with the creative process. But now that I know Acid simply won't do that, I'll stop pulling my hair out trying to figure out how.