Comments

sheppo wrote on 6/4/2021, 10:58 AM

@Duy-VuQ - I too hit this issue sometimes, and in my personal experience it's always down to issues with third party VSTs. Are you able to try rendering singling out VSTs to identify which VST is causing the issue? There may be an update available for the VST. If you're all up-to-date with your plugins it's worth getting the plugin details and pushing it to Magix

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/a-couple-of-tips-for-better-stability--1264597/ - this post I created a while back details a couple of things that may helps. specifically i used to run with a master bus with A LOT of plugins on and had horrible stability. Another DAW I use with a similar plugin chain had similar issues too.. In Acid I found splitting that chain in to several buses solved stability issues.

@RedrumMusic - please don't spam the forums with the exact same sentiment, hijacking other people's threads. Duplicate posts will be hidden.

RedrumMusic wrote on 6/4/2021, 11:33 AM

@sheppo 

Well i have read, the tips you posted.

But still.......we bought a program that is supposed to work perfectly. By the way, even when all of my plug ins are in buses, crashes still occur, impossible to render an mp3 or wav... I am not highjacking threads, but got to understand that its totally messed up, the other day, the prog crashed 5 times in 15 or 20 minutes!! So please, explain to us how can we not load projects with vstis for example when we can not even render midi tracks into wav??🙄

sheppo wrote on 6/4/2021, 12:04 PM

@RedrumMusic

> So please, explain to us ...

Let me stop you there as it appears you don't quite understand the role of moderators on a user forum. . I paid for, and use Acid just like everyone else here, I'm not a magix employee. My responsibility as a moderator isn't to function as magix support, or as an emotional sponge your frustration. It's to stop inappropriate behaviour, e.g. spamming and thread hijacking - which a number of your posts have been

Back on topic. Did you take any time to try to isolate which of your VSTs / VSTIs are causing the issue?

RedrumMusic wrote on 6/4/2021, 12:12 PM

@sheppo

Its complicated because when it crashes, its with whatever plug in or vsti that i use. I even tried them in another daw like studio one, everything works fine.

But, i bought acid pro because i use to work on acid pro for more than a decade. I dont want to work on studio one cause the environment im used to is the one from acid... so since these plugs or vstis work with studio one, it seems obvious the problem comes from acid. So if i have no choice, i might change and work with studio one or reaper....but its not fair to buy a supposed top notch prog and to face crazy unstabilities🙄

sheppo wrote on 6/4/2021, 12:48 PM

that's understandable. I don't want you to think I'm glossing over the issue, VST stability is the biggest cause of crash stability for me too, according to the logs at crash time. You say it's every VST or VSTI, but are these 32bit, 64bit, VST2, VST3? whilst 32bit support is there via bridge I personally avoid using any 32bit versions of plugins if I have the 64bit versions available, and that does help with stability - for me at least.

the next step, if you're truly unhappy and you purchased this recently, is to head over to https://www.magix.com/us/support/customer-service/ and look at your options.