Comments

mark-estes wrote on 4/19/2021, 9:26 PM

Also wondering where 10.5 is. The bright side is that this thread helped me sort out my updatng issues for 10.0.5

William-Reed wrote on 4/20/2021, 8:36 AM

From Magix:

Thank you for your message.

As an ACID Pro 10 user, the upgrade to what we're referring to as "ACID Pro 10.5" would be made available to you free of charge through the update mechanism within the software. You're not expected to purchase this as an add-on. For technical reasons, the internal code version/revision of that upgrade is 10.0.5 (rather thant 10.5). So, please don't be confused by this. If that's the version you have installed, you have already successfully performed the free upgrade to ACID Pro 10.5, and no further action (or purchase) is required.

I hope this information helps. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Robert-Shamansky wrote on 4/20/2021, 5:09 PM

Cool, thanks William!

Michael-Maninger wrote on 4/22/2021, 7:24 PM

@William-Reed Well This is news a day late and a dollar short. I spent $79.00 on an upgrade I didn't need and now I don't have any running software. And I am supposed to remove all instances of Visual C++ 2013 that other software on my computer use, so in essence I have to break other software, so I can re install software that I had installed through the normal in software update process.

This is a deal breaker!

I'm writing off all my investment in Magix software. I was willing to give you a shot when you bought sony's software. But as of today none of your improvements have worked out for me except for sound forge studio. Vegas 17 NOT, ACID NOT, Movie Studio is un usable now. I've spent a lot of money to be disappointed more than once.

I really had hopes that Magix would do well.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 5/12/2021, 12:28 PM

Im trying to go back to 10.3 has anyone got the install program?

jakobjoergensen wrote on 4/22/2022, 11:59 PM

Why do things often break when Magix become involved. (rhetorical question)

Tried several of the solutions here (deleted all 2013 C++'s included), reinstall with the latest trial and still 10.0.5 and not 10.5.

I want to use the In App Shop, spend my money there ... but I can't.

Does anyone have any info about when Magix will fix this?

SP. wrote on 4/23/2022, 3:45 AM

@jakobjoergensen Have you tried setting ACID to Windows 8 compatibility mode?

jakobjoergensen wrote on 4/23/2022, 4:20 AM

Just did. Actually starts up quicker, but still same issue. Can't upgrade to 10.5.
Tried to have the installer running in Windows 8 compatibility mode - still no update.

I'm like super affraid of uninstalling everything MS C++, as this computer is my private and work computer. If other software relies on the other versions of MS C++, I'm canned...

Does anyone have any intel on when Magix will fix it?

Djronrella wrote on 4/23/2022, 4:31 AM

I'm not telling to use regedit but if you do know how to use it! I cleaned out every previous Sony/Magix Acid daws and all other old Sony and Magix daws not used anymore!! And every old vsts not used!!!

Then installed clean Acid Pro after not before I cleaned pc of all junk!!

Only Daw now is Acid Pro !! Works perfect

Graham-Hawker wrote on 4/23/2022, 4:32 AM
and still 10.0.5 and not 10.5.

Does anyone have any info about when Magix will fix this?

Nothing to fix here. Version 10.0.5 is Acid 10.5.

jakobjoergensen wrote on 4/23/2022, 1:02 PM

I'm not telling to use regedit but if you do know how to use it! I cleaned out every previous Sony/Magix Acid daws and all other old Sony and Magix daws not used anymore!! And every old vsts not used!!!

It's all very nice intentions, but why doesn't it work out of the box !?. I don't want to spend a full WE, perhaps a week on making something work that SHOULD have worked from day one. I use ACID Pro for pleasure.

- I mean; MMM didn't work for 3 months because it was allergic to Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.
- My Xara Webdesigner Premium only works about 18 hours a day. I can't even make a table if i 'don't have access to online content' ... and for reasons unknown.-.. online content only works about 18h a day..
Now ACID as well. ... I see a kind of pattern here.

Djronrella wrote on 4/23/2022, 1:13 PM

It's all very nice intentions, but why doesn't it work out of the box !?. I don't want to spend a full WE, perhaps a week on making something work that SHOULD have worked from day one. I use ACID Pro for pleasure.

- I mean; MMM didn't work for 3 months because it was allergic to Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.
- My Xara Webdesigner Premium only works about 18 hours a day. I can't even make a table if i 'don't have access to online content' ... and for reasons unknown.-.. online content only works about 18h a day..
Now ACID as well. ... I see a kind of pattern here.

I 💯 agree with you!

It's just a fix I found that helped me!!

LooneyBinJim wrote on 4/25/2022, 2:17 PM

I love the way nobody has a clue when it comes to Acid Pro.

I owned so many problems and never really had a good answer to why .

MasterMixx wrote on 4/11/2023, 4:36 PM

HOW DO YOU UPGRADE?

SP. wrote on 4/12/2023, 3:31 AM

@MasterMixx Install the latest available update. That's all.