Comments

Former user wrote on 12/14/2020, 10:14 AM

go to 'Render As' then 'File Type' and select MP3 cheers

Dean-Champ wrote on 12/14/2020, 4:29 PM

I'm not sure if you read my post, but there is no File Type option, only Save as type, and there is no mp3 option in the drop down menu.

Former user wrote on 12/14/2020, 7:47 PM

Dean, the problem with MP3 has been going on since version 8 came out. There are many with this issue. I have changed about 4 PCs since and I was at version 10 and MP3 has never worked for me. It will work after an initial installation but once the PC restarts, MP3 codec dies out. Acid will not open or render in MP3. You won't even have that as an option to render to. I have yet to hear back from Magix support. They will email me once a month with an already answered question but no solutions.

I would suggest to have lot of patience. It is a great DAW, just not fixed or looked after by companies very much.

I still use Vegas and that crashes after each windows restart. Now, if you find a solution as to why Windows is disabling Magix files after restart, please do post. I will be checking in here periodically. Good luck, mate.

Former user wrote on 12/15/2020, 9:51 AM

Dean, So sorry I meant to say 'Save as Type'

I hope this helps

Aman, I had the same problem with my first version of AP10 but they 'corrected' that with the first update, haven't had the problem since (thankfully) It's also rather odd that you can create a song in '5.1 Surround' but can't 'Render' it as ''5.1 Surround'....? a truly useless feature.

I started with Vegas Audio 2 but after they went to the 64bit version (V8.1) serious issues with the audio engine rendered is useless to me as an DAW. I use Bus's a lot in my mixing and when you add FXs (EQs, Compressors,etc) to a bus (including the Master bus) it becomes very difficult to work with. The Vegas team has been aware of this problem for a decade but keeps 'kicking it down the road'.

Dean, wasn't trying to hijack your thread when writing about Vegas just thinking out loud.

Cheers

Former user wrote on 12/15/2020, 5:06 PM

Hey Max, that is exactly where Dean is talking about. We don't have that option inside that drop down. As I have mentioned, the MP3 codec (I think) gets blocked by Windows when it is restarted. Believe me, I have gone through loads of suggestions and fixes, it is something with Acid and all products that came from Sony. Yes, I have the same issue with Vegas as well. But I created a ticket with magix some time ago and if there was a fix, they would have done it. Magix replied but no solutions. The update you are speaking of, it fixed that problem for some people. But there is definitely something with Windows defender or something in there that it blocks or deletes certain files. I just don't know how to catch it or fix it myself. And I know this has been the issue since version 8. The weird thing is that MP3 codec (or the option you showed) works fine in my 2ndary laptop which is a test PC for me. So, the problem is real.

Former user wrote on 12/16/2020, 9:10 AM

Aman, I don't doubt for a minute that it's a REAL problem. I suppose that's one of the (many) reasons that makes AP such an unstable and bug ridden program, what a shame.

Dean, sorry I couldn't help.

As to Vegas, I have gotten a reply about the audio issues in Vegas from the Maqix Vegas team. They've known about these issues for a decade but have 'kicked it down the road' (their words not mine) but now don't have the resources to fix the problem. But if 'future' versions they hope to. I hope the Magix AP team does a better job of addressing and fixing problems than the Vegas team. AP11 will probably be out next year and I must say that they have to have these issues resolved before they can expect people to put out more money for such an unstable product. I for one won't.

Best of luck to you and Dean, Cheers

Former user wrote on 12/16/2020, 5:24 PM

Hey guys, not to keep talking about this here but just closing words (if it helps), if Acid is used barebone (I bought Wavelab to convert MP3s to Wave format so life has gotten better for me) it is strong just as long as I avoid Magix added features and avoid MP3 files. I un-installed Vegas a while back as it wasn't worth fighting with that anymore. But your clarification about Magix kicking it aside helps. I just hope they water down the price for it as I paid full for it, and yet, can't use it. But, overall, I am deeply happy and appreciative that at least Acid is back to music world and so am I :)

Frank_Fader wrote on 1/27/2021, 9:19 AM

Anyone having an issue with the MP3 export, please take a look at the about box - "Components" tab: there you should find an entry for mp3plug2.dll, like:

mp3plug2.dll
      version: 3.0.4.10369
      path: C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro Suite 10.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2\mp3plug2.dll

If an older version or VEGAS path occurs here, that might hint at a problem.
Please post your results here or give a short feedback, if you encounter the MP3 export issue.

It might help to unregister older mp3plug2 versions from Windows' COM registry, so I am looking for a system where we can reproduce the issue.