ACID Pro 10.0.5 build 37 FX Chains will NOT work

julain-downward wrote on 7/2/2021, 7:29 AM

Hi... I've got several bugs in ACID pro 10 10.0.5 build 37 BUT one is really upsetting. I can't import FX chains any more. I usually save my FX chains from channels I like the sound of and then load those chains into similar instrument channels in a new project. Great head start. I usually just hit the drop down menu 'down arrow' at the top of the FX window... and can select a chain to load. When I do this... it just flickers as if something has loaded... but nothing does. No FX plugins.. no settings within any FX plugins I'm already using... nothing. Will not work on channels, Master Bus or Sub busses

Tried it in several different projects...but nothing. This means I'd have to load each effect into each channel and try to copy every setting of every effect to get the same sound. NO WAY! would take hours across 30 channels.

can anyone speak into this issue??

Using Windows 10 64 bit latest version.

Thank you

Comments

Petet wrote on 7/9/2021, 10:16 AM

Did you update to 10.5.38? I'm finding 10.4 works really well with no issues for me. build 37 and 35 I've had nothing but problems so went back to 10.4, I'm dithering about installing 10.5.38 incase it has the same issues.

julain-downward wrote on 7/9/2021, 1:20 PM

Hey Petet… no I’m on build 37… I haven’t had a notification of 38 yet. But I have several glitches. My latest one is if I already have Fx running in a channel… and then add another one… it resets a bunch of the other effects. A right mess.
ACID PRO is in my opinion the most intuitive daw of ALL of them. But they need to put more development into to stop this stuff.

Petet wrote on 7/9/2021, 4:45 PM

I thought there was a 10.5.38, might have to do a search up as I'm sure its available. Downgrade back to version 10.4.29 and save yourself all the headaches, I wanted to pull my hair out, I installed 10.4.29 and I can work with it great, no issues and pretty solid. Try that until a new version is available

Petet wrote on 7/9/2021, 4:49 PM

btw. I'm hammering mine with uad plugins and other heavy duty plugs on an 8 core amd and its not even flinching. I can save fx chains and the automation doesn't randomly disappear like other versions of acid.

Petet wrote on 7/9/2021, 6:06 PM

Just wanted to let you know I just double checked whilst in front of my studio computer and it’s version 10.0.2 build 20 I’m using and it’s the only solid useable version I can use.

julain-downward wrote on 7/10/2021, 7:33 AM

Thanks again Petet. I really appreciate your time and thought. I don’t thjnk I can wind back the version I’m using. There are several things I’d lose of i did that. Instead I’m having to create work arounds. For example - if instead of starting a new project, I save the current working project under a different name and then delete the recordings from each track individually, I can then record onto those tracks and the effect plug ins will work. Still have other bugs (man I wish they put some real development effort into solving these fundamental issues) but I can work things atm.
I hate that magix has no tech support for this either. I’m grateful they’re at least releasing new versions Becasue some software developers would have dumped it completely… but it’s always gonna be up against pro tools cubase and logic etc… and most musicians and recording artists don’t even know acid pro exists. Such a shame.

Petet wrote on 7/10/2021, 11:32 AM

I was using the latest version and made songs on it, but realised it was forgetting my vst settings and returning them to 0 every time I loaded a session.

Once I reinstalled the older version I was still able to load my project that I created in the newer version.

I'm happy with this 10.0.2 b20 version, I've had no issues apart from an occasional crash, usually because I'm working really fast. It works the same as acid 7 for me. there seems to be a gui or windowing layer issue somewhere. when they fix one thing the old issues come back. I'm sure it will be solid one day, they did a great job on the vst loader. I'm not keen on the inverted colour for the tracks though because sometimes I think they're muted.

I think you can get older versions from the support section, I kept all my installers just incase.

julain-downward wrote on 7/10/2021, 1:16 PM

Petet, thanks again for your kindness. I appreciate the advice.