ACID Music Studio 11.0 (x64) Doesn't expand after minimizing to tray

Sonic_Mine wrote on 9/9/2021, 3:58 AM

So, there is a problem: when I minimize ACID to tray, and then I want to call the window with the program back, then nothing happens. ACID does not freeze, it can even play at this moment, and nothing else can be done. Alt-TAB doesn't help either: I click on the window, but nothing happens. Only closing the program and opening it again helps. To be honest, this is very annoying. I've seen this all over the ACID family since the time MAGIX started developing it. But if earlier this problem occurred only when I minimized the program while playing the project, now it happens at any time. It was also on different systems and 2 different laptops. (W10 LTSC and W10 Pro).

PS: I have been using ACID for the last 20 years, starting with the first version. I writing music, then switched to another DAW. Now I use ACID only to create mixes, podcasts. This is really one of the most convenient DAWs for this, although I could write a few points on how to improve ACID for this purpose. I know a huge number of people who have been using ACID for this purpose alone for many years. That is why, 20 years later, I legally bought ACID Music Studio, because I don't need the rest of its big brother's features. And it is doubly disappointing that after my legalization, I continue to get problems over and over again. I am writing here hoping to get at least some help or advice.
Thanks.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/10/2021, 7:13 PM

I get this sometimes. when you click on the app to restore it and it doesn't restore, right click on the app on the taskbar and hit restore.

AgnosticX wrote on 11/5/2021, 7:31 AM

I have this problem too with Acid 10 Pro. And no, there is no "restore" option when i right click on the taskbar app.
Any solutions to that?

sheppo wrote on 11/9/2021, 10:41 AM

not sure why that is.. but if you select the task on the taskbar and it doesn't show the context menu, try pressing ALT+Space, which should show the default context sensitive menu. This is a default windows shortcut and works across all versions, including windows 11.