Acid Music Studio 10 - Where are the fabled "included" loops?

mr_ wrote on 3/4/2023, 3:33 PM

Acid Music Studio 10 - Advertised to come with 3000 loops and samples. It came with none. Where are these supposedly included loops and samples?

Says right on the box:

"Get started with 3,000 included Sound Series Music Loops"

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/4/2023, 4:11 PM

@mr_ You need to download them via the Help menu. They are stored under C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Loop Collections

mr_ wrote on 3/4/2023, 5:34 PM

The only options in Help Menu are

Contents and Index

Whats This?

Keyboard Shortcuts

Show Me How

ACIDPlanet.com

Sony On The Web

About Acid Music Studio

Are you suggesting its one of these?

SP. wrote on 3/4/2023, 5:51 PM

@mr_ It looks like your version is so old, it is still from Sony? Have you got it from Steam? The Loops are listed there as a separate DLC you need to download. I think you need the Magix version for the downloads to work. Can you tell us from where you got this version? Sony stopped supporting it years ago. I don't think they still offer loops to download.

In the meantime, you can find some free Loops here: https://producerplanet.com/us/audio/loops-samples-250/?label[]=acid&label[]=magix&sort=price_asc

Maybe contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them to exchange your Sony version for a Magix version. Or ask them if they can send you the download link for the loops that come with the Magix version.

mr_ wrote on 3/4/2023, 6:00 PM

I got it. Thanks.

mr_ wrote on 3/4/2023, 6:01 PM

For anyone needing this info in the future, ACIDPlanet.com which is now ProducerPlanet.com has some free downloads

https://producerplanet.com/us/audio/free-download/

But the free downloads here are not licensed for commercial use, so its misleading.

And my copy of Acid Music Studio 10 also came with a code for 1 free download at

https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/loopdownload

In order to buy more from sony creative page, it seems we have to buy gift cards for it somewhere.

mr_ wrote on 3/4/2023, 6:04 PM

@mr_ It looks like your version is so old, it is still from Sony? Have you got it from Steam? The Loops are listed there as a separate DLC you need to download. I think you need the Magix version for the downloads to work. Can you tell us from where you got this version? Sony stopped supporting it years ago. I don't think they still offer loops to download.

In the meantime, you can find some free Loops here: https://producerplanet.com/us/audio/loops-samples-250/?label[]=acid&label[]=magix&sort=price_asc

Maybe contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them to exchange your Sony version for a Magix version. Or ask them if they can send you the download link for the loops that come with the Magix version.

I just saw this. I only bought it last year. On Amazon.

mr_ wrote on 3/5/2023, 6:44 AM

i dont think the 3000 loops exist anymore, but i did find other free loops from Magix and Sony.

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 8:22 AM

I also got free stuff from Splice.com

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 8:23 AM

Note: That folder you mentioned is not there for me. It goes all the way to

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

But there is no Loop Collections folder.

It looks like they did away with it. They should remove that from the box. I bought it brand new not that long ago.

SP. wrote on 3/6/2023, 9:15 AM

@mr_ You got old stock from Sony, even if it was new in box. Sony's version works differently. The Common folder was set up by installing another Magix software, for example Music Maker. All Magix softwares share this folder.

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2023, 12:49 PM

@mr_

Hi

A bit of a long shot as I am going from memory, not having used Sony Acid for a very long while - IIRC the loops were installed in a series of sub folders in C:\Program Data\ . . . .

eg Sony\Acid\Music Studio or Acid\Music Studio.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mr_ wrote on 3/6/2023, 1:04 PM

@mr_ You got old stock from Sony, even if it was new in box. Sony's version works differently. The Common folder was set up by installing another Magix software, for example Music Maker. All Magix softwares share this folder.

The page is fresh, Magix is active on the listing. It shouldve been changed long ago.

emmrecs wrote on 3/6/2023, 1:28 PM

@mr_

Magix is active on the listing

What listing?

It shouldve been changed long ago

Assuming you mean that the product as sold to you should have been in some way changed, that is a matter for you to raise with Amazon. Magix has no control over exactly which version(s) of its products are sold by Amazon or Amazon Sellers. They "buy" the product from Magix (apparently, in this case, some years ago) at which point Magix (the company) has no further control of it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2023, 4:48 PM

@mr_

Hi

. . . . The page is fresh, Magix is active on the listing.  . . .

Can you provide a link to the page on Amazon where you bought it from, or a picture of the box.

@SP. commented previously -

. . . .The Common folder was set up by installing another Magix software, for example Music Maker. . . .

The Common folder was created because you have installed Music Maker as you posted in this topic .

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/6/2023, 4:53 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

mr_ wrote on 3/7/2023, 11:11 AM

@mr_

Hi

Can you provide a link to the page on Amazon where you bought it from, or a picture of the box.

. . . .The Common folder was set up by installing another Magix software, for example Music Maker. . . .

The Common folder was created because you have installed Music Maker as you posted in this topic .

John EB

Sure

mr_ wrote on 3/7/2023, 11:18 AM

@mr_

Magix is active on the listing

What listing?

It shouldve been changed long ago

Assuming you mean that the product as sold to you should have been in some way changed, that is a matter for you to raise with Amazon. Magix has no control over exactly which version(s) of its products are sold by Amazon or Amazon Sellers. They "buy" the product from Magix (apparently, in this case, some years ago) at which point Magix (the company) has no further control of it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Do you have difficulty understanding English?

Re read the entire thread and then get back to us once you understand the discussion.

mr_ wrote on 3/7/2023, 11:30 AM

@mr_

Hi

John EB

I just saw your second comment. I had Music Maker from a few years ago, i just installed Acid.

Either way, the files are not there. The 3,000 promised loops do not exist.

I did read that some other people got a second disc with their purchase, that im assuming was probably the loops, but i did not get that in my box. And numerous others also report not getting the fabled loops.

SP. wrote on 3/7/2023, 11:39 AM

@mr_ I think you need to contact Amazon in case something is missing or not as described because Amazon is the seller.

You'll get the loops without problems by purchasing directly from Magix instead from Amazon. The problem is the old Sony stock which is still being sold by Amazon. Magix doesn't support the old Sony versions.

emmrecs wrote on 3/7/2023, 1:23 PM

@mr_

Since you have now received further advice that, should you wish to do so, you need to contact Amazon in case something is missing or not as described I will not directly respond to your totally unwarranted attack on my understanding of English.

I would, however, just remind you that politeness towards ALL forum participants is always required.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 3/7/2023, 4:15 PM

@mr_

Hi

The image of the box on Amazon is missing the Sony or Magix name logo on the face top right and spine - at the bottom - is the box you received also missing the name logo?

If so I would agree with @SP. and @emmrecs advice and take this up with Amazon.

John EB
Forum Moderator