Acid Music Studio

krashman wrote on 10/28/2021, 6:26 AM

Greetings. I just purchased the Sound Forge Audio Studio/Acid Music Studio PC download bundle from Best Buy. I have not downloaded it yet. I've been searching in You Tube for tutorials but I do not know which version the 2 are and you Tube comes out with 11 and 12. I am a complete beginner to this. I got inspiration from watching Finneas You Tubes on how he makes music. Help please. Oh yea the Magix web page also doesn't help with my supposed dilema. Thanx

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/28/2021, 6:49 AM

@krashman Did you get a coupon number from Best Buy (please don't post it here because this is a public forum)? Have you tried to enter it here https://www.magix.com/redeem/ ?

krashman wrote on 10/28/2021, 6:58 AM

I have the english installation guide and the pc download - key card. No nothing about a coupon number

krashman wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:07 AM

I just entered Voucher Code and will be receiving serial numbers in email sometime soon

krashman wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:14 AM

Apparently I have Audio Studio 15 and Music Studio 11 and iZotope Ozone 9 Elements witch I do not know

SP. wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:16 AM

@krashman Ok, these are the newest versions.

krashman wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:19 AM

Good now I can You Tube the proper versions and download software and HAVE FUN!!😃

krashman wrote on 10/28/2021, 2:14 PM

what is this coupon number U are mentioning?

johnebaker wrote on 10/28/2021, 3:58 PM

@krashman

Hi

. . . . what is this coupon number U are mentioning? . . . .

Not @SP., however depending on your local terminology: coupon number = voucher code

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

krashman wrote on 10/29/2021, 1:51 AM

I guess U thought I was doing digital download? No I bought boxed version and it had that particulars in it Thanx

krashman wrote on 10/31/2021, 6:13 AM

so confused. i downloaded music studio and audio studio. Opened them and i do not see anything I se in you tube videos. Right of screen in you shows various instrument and other things. The tutorials seem to show these items as being already there when opening so I can screw around with music sounds. I query in you tutorials for absolute beginners but apparently there isn't. HELP

SP. wrote on 10/31/2021, 3:06 PM

@krashman Have you checked the help menu for the manual and tutorials?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/31/2021, 3:25 PM

Right of screen in you shows various instrument and other things.

Sounds like Music Maker to me. This is not a view that can be seen in Acid Music Studio. Perhaps it can be seen Acid Pro 10 now, I'm not sure. Sound Forge is an audio recording and editing program so doesn't have things like instruments. I'm also confused because you say you have a boxed version but talk about downloading them.

krashman wrote on 11/1/2021, 3:10 AM

Best Buy had a boxed version of the 2. Inside was the Key card and installation card. This morning I turned music studio on and went to help. I saw download instruments and loops and did it but no additions to the screen as it shows on back of box. looking in help for manual but none i can see and clicking on show me how and nuttin comes up.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 11/1/2021, 6:12 AM

did it but no additions to the screen as it shows on back of box.

I'm not sure what your seeing on the back if the box but the view you mentioned is not something in Acid Music Studio. I wonder if your seeing the screenshot which has an instrument interface open once it's been added to a track. I think you need to learn how to add instruments to tracks.Page 216-232 of the manual.

krashman wrote on 11/1/2021, 12:28 PM

I sposed i presumed standard instruments and the such would alreddy come as the download is completed. Page 216-232? Holy Frijole!! Like I said before I went to help and did not see any caption that said manual. I just ordered Music Maker and I hope this program will be easier and a lot of the items will be included in the initial download. Me being an absolute beginner means I am a absolute beginner and all these addings are french to me

krashman wrote on 11/1/2021, 1:16 PM

Question in the you tube posting "Magix Music Maker for absolute beginners" by Tony Savage am I gonna get that screen when I 1st open it up or am I gonna have to do " instrument interface open once it's been added to a track" as u stated for acid studio? please query Tony's you tube about it thanx. If not u wud think if it was for absolute beginners he wud include how to add instrument interface addings. U are speaking to a dummy who just want to have fun adding instruments to make sound!!

Graham-Hawker wrote on 11/1/2021, 1:21 PM

Question in the you tube posting "Magix Music Maker for absolute beginners" by Tony Savage

But you bought Acid Music Studio apparently. Clearly a video about Magix Music Maker is not going to be relevant. Every program is different in the way instruments are added. Music Maker is probably easier than most. Acid Music Studio is not so straightforward. Perhaps you can clarify what you bought.

SP. wrote on 11/1/2021, 1:53 PM

@krashman

We all went through the trouble learning a new software from scratch. That is something that can take a lot of time and seem daunting but you will get through this. The hardest part is always the beginning but don't let this stop you from trying and learning. It will pay off soon.

Here are some tutorial videos and maybe you will get an idea of how things work:

https://www.magix.com/int/music/acid/acid-music-studio/tutorials/#c1006168

https://www.magix.com/int/music/sound-forge/sound-forge-audio-studio/tutorials/#c1332088

You can download the manuals in PDF format from your customer account at https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/ if you don't want to use the standard help from the Help menu.

krashman wrote on 11/2/2021, 3:05 AM

Yes I had bought Acid. I just purchased Music Masker and awaiting delivery from Amazon. I will look at ur tutorials and hopes I can get some understanding. I've always been the type when something not making sense I get flustered and give up. Thanx all