Acid internal preferences

shkr wrote on 8/9/2021, 4:50 PM

Question for those in the know ;)
I know people make some changes to vegas internal preferences and they can make a huge difference resulting in less crashing and better preview performance.

Acid also has internal preferences. We can get there by entering preferences while holding "shift".
Does anyone has some blueprint explaining them?

for example:

thread soft-synths    TRUE    TRUE
thread sub busses    FALSE    FALSE
thread fx busses    FALSE    FALSE
thread mixer using multicore    FALSE    FALSE
allow threaded soft-synths    TRUE    TRUE

We can set multicore for softsynths in preferences, but not for busses. I've just tried to set them all to "TRUE" and loaded a project that choked Acid really hard and seems it now plays better. But maybe it's placebo? ;) no crashes so far with these changes.

Anyone knows something about it?

Comments

sheppo wrote on 8/9/2021, 5:33 PM

I've tweaked settings in there over the years, I can't remember if any changes actually made the slightest difference. But, you know, I've not tweaked every setting in there, partly because none of it is documented, and partly because the setting labels are truncated so it's hard to even read what they might mean.

If you can definitively show a setting makes a difference it might be worth a post here to state what the setting is, and what the impact is of changing it.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 8/24/2021, 2:31 PM

Question for those in the know ;)
I know people make some changes to vegas internal preferences and they can make a huge difference resulting in less crashing and better preview performance.

Acid also has internal preferences. We can get there by entering preferences while holding "shift".
Does anyone has some blueprint explaining them?

for example:

thread soft-synths    TRUE    TRUE
thread sub busses    FALSE    FALSE
thread fx busses    FALSE    FALSE
thread mixer using multicore    FALSE    FALSE
allow threaded soft-synths    TRUE    TRUE

We can set multicore for softsynths in preferences, but not for busses. I've just tried to set them all to "TRUE" and loaded a project that choked Acid really hard and seems it now plays better. But maybe it's placebo? ;) no crashes so far with these changes.

Anyone knows something about it?

I have mentioned the use of the internal preference's menu that's hidden from Acid Pro users a few times throughout the forum.

I really do think everyone should have a dig around options, it can make or break Acid Pro. Furthermore, I have really had some good results changing the thread uses as above made a massive difference .Acid Pro now looks so much better after some tweaks ,docking windows can be moved above etc . The options of colours can be edited not that ive got that far yet....