Acid 10 WIndows 10

Ken-Mitchell wrote on 5/26/2022, 10:54 AM

Sitting here with a 2 clients using Acid 10 ( version 10.0.5 build 38) and after months of use all of a sudden when I render out a file I get this continually "an error occurred while starting playback. The request is not enabled for this device.?? " Humiliating Not professional.... I went back to using Fairlight to finish the jobs. Acid 7 still works fine. This should not happen with when the software has been working great and then all of a sudden it is unreliable in a professional environment. Any clues as to what might have happened?

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/26/2022, 12:15 PM

@Ken-Mitchell Is the audio driver blocked by another application? It could work fine again after rebooting your computer.

SP. wrote on 5/26/2022, 12:27 PM

@Ken-Mitchell There is also a discussion in the Vegas forum about this problem:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/playback-not-enabled-for-this-device--112714/

Ken-Mitchell wrote on 5/26/2022, 7:26 PM

Thank everyone. I think i figured it out. Not Magix fault. I went into Options/preferences/audio device and selected AUDIO DEVICE TYPE / Magix Low Latency 2016. This appears to have solved the problem. I had used it before but it is possible that either a windows update or some of my other software had changed it. Thanks for your help.