Comments

Peter-Elfman wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:04 PM

I installed Acid 10 ( with out uninstalling Acid 8) in my windows 10 machine with a SSD. It worked flawlessly for 2 weeks then started to crash progressively getting worse.

While acid 8 still works with out a problem. I've had to uninstall and reinstalled Acid 10 three times and still the same issue.

It sounds like you've hit the plugin crash wall that a lot of us have dealt with. There is probably at least 1 plugin that's tanking your system. Some of the Magix plugins can be suspect, and I've run into serious problems with the ones from Melda. Check the forums, I'm pretty sure someone recently mentioned a specific plugin that's known to crash the system, and you might get a lead on any others, that should give you a head-start on troubleshooting which plugin/s is/are the culprit/s.

OSCARDESMOND-SANTIAGO wrote on 3/1/2021, 11:29 AM

It seems Acid 10 does not like older waves that were created on previous versions. Two older wave files that work on ACID 6 & 8 normally cause crashes on Acid 10. And I have an additional problem.. When I bootup my machine and open Acid 10, it will lock and crash with an error message ( access violation in module sfvstwrap.dll ). After I close the program and reopen it will work normally.

Peter-Elfman wrote on 3/1/2021, 11:56 AM

It seems Acid 10 does not like older waves that were created on previous versions. Two older wave files that work on ACID 6 & 8 normally cause crashes on Acid 10. And I have an additional problem.. When I bootup my machine and open Acid 10, it will lock and crash with an error message ( access violation in module sfvstwrap.dll ). After I close the program and reopen it will work normally.

I wonder if it's an issue with the meta-data on the files you're trying to open. If you haven't already, I recommend reporting this to support. The only work-around I can think of in the meantime is to open them into a different program, then "export" or "render" them into new files, to remove the meta-data.