.acd files wont open

Patrick-Shea wrote on 7/13/2021, 7:48 PM

I was using Acid Pro 7 for quite a few years before deciding to jump to 10 Pro Suite....I thought this new version would be the end all, be all, and I would be like a kid in a candy store.....

BUT

nothing but problems....first, no Stem Maker...ok fine....then, no extra mastering plugins (that I can find)...ooookaaay....what did I pay 200.00 for then?...now, there is no A icon next to the acd file, but there IS one on the acd-bak file.....when I go to open the acd, Acid crashes EVERY...SINGLE....TIME....but it opens with the acd bak file...BUT I have to open Acid first, THEN use the explorer to open the bak file.

also...normally when I open acid from the desktop shortcut, the last project I was working on would open up automatically...NOW...nope....NEW BLANK PROJECT...all of these issues are really turning me off, and im starting to wonder if there is a refund I could get....i still have the disc for AP 7....its either that, or I learn Ableton finally.

Comments

Petet wrote on 7/14/2021, 12:05 PM

I had a similar problem, I opened the project in acid 7, made a quick list of what vsts where being used on the project and then opened acid 10 with a blank project and inserted each vst until i found the one that kept crashing the system. I was able to resolve it by telling acid 10 to forget the 64 bit version the of plugin.