ACCESS_VIOLATION

Demi wrote on 3/21/2022, 10:53 AM

Hi, I have been a Magix Music Maker customer for over 12 years & have enjoyed using the software so much I have bought a few upgrades over the years. I am writing to anyone & asking why is it all of a sudden after having the new update and using it off and on it now is giving me an error saying "ACCESS_VIOLATION" MuMa Location every time I try to use it I have reinstalled it a few times and it still does this. Now as a side note it works fine without the updated version MAGIX Music Maker Premium 2017(64-bit) version but the new Music Maker 2022(64-bit) Upgraded version is the one that won't let me use it as of now but it did let me use it up to just the other day when my system crashed while on Magix. Then when I rebooted my PC and tried to start the Magix it gave me a error. What is going on with the new version? If it was a corrupted file then the reinstall should have fixed it right? can someone please help me fix this or do I need to contact Magix? Thank you for your time.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/21/2022, 11:22 AM

@Demi The new version uses a different application framework. Are you getting the access violation in a qt-DLL? It could be caused by this. Maybe you need to update your device drivers?

Demi wrote on 3/21/2022, 11:36 AM

not sure this is what I get thank you for the reply!

SP. wrote on 3/21/2022, 11:56 AM

@Demi Looks like your audio driver is broken or unstable. I would suggest you uninstall it and get the newest version from your hardware manufacturer.

johnebaker wrote on 3/21/2022, 11:57 AM

@Demi

Hi

Are you using an external audio device ?

If so the application error is often caused with Music maker being set to use its own ASIO drivers instead of the external audio device manufacturers drivers.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Demi wrote on 3/21/2022, 10:51 PM

still trying to figure it out...

SP. wrote on 3/22/2022, 5:14 AM

@Demi You can uninstall the audio device drivers from the Windows device manager. Then install the drivers you downloaded from your hardware manufacturers website.

Demi wrote on 3/24/2022, 4:31 AM

I don't see what to fix though? As I said the 2017 version works fine just the update Music Maker 2022 upgrade gives me problems. The odd part is it dose not always give me problems if it lets the program open all the way it works fine it is just finicky most of the time and crashes as soon as the program loads...

SP. wrote on 3/24/2022, 6:23 AM

@Demi Music Maker switched to a new 64 but audio engine since version 2017.

You can also try and reset the program setting by deleting the MusicMaker.ini in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30 or in the File > Settings menu.

Maybe this will help.

Which of the listed audio devices in the device manager are you using for playback?

Demi wrote on 3/30/2022, 4:31 AM

Sorry I have been working haven't had a lot of time to reply but I use Wave link to route all audio to their locations it comes with my Elgato wave 3 Mic & works great! I just don't get what is missing so I am going to buy the full version of Music Maker 2022 it is sad that I need to buy the whole program when I have bought the Upgrade already but if it works so be it! And if that doesn't work I give up because I have tried many things drivers, I have uninstalled & reinstalled & still the 2017 version works fine never one crash & the odd part is sometimes not always but sometimes I can even get 2022 to work & if it is open it doesn't crash it stays open but I don't dare shut it off or risk the chance of it not letting me back on! Crosses Fingers this fixes it....$79.99 might be nothing to some people but after already paying over $50 for the upgrade this is going to hit my wallet & if this doesn't work I am not going to be happy at all... :(

emmrecs wrote on 3/30/2022, 5:10 AM

@Demi

I would NOT recommend following the course of action you state! If the Upgrade version doesn't work for some reason I see no reason why a newly-purchased install would either!

Have you tried ALL the suggestions in the earlier replies?

I don't think you have ever given us a full description of your computer hardware (as described in this post). Can you please do that now, before you repurchase the app. Unfortunately, as you have found, the fact that one version of MM "works" does not guarantee that another one will, especially if your computer hardware/software/OS lacks something that the later version demands.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Demi wrote on 3/30/2022, 6:00 AM

Ok you are right Jeff I will not do this because I tried a trick it is not the greatest trick but so far I found a work around! I shut off wave link before I start Music maker 2022 & it lets me start it without the error then I turn back on my wave link & it lets me still use MM 2022 but as a test I tried to keep wave link on & then turn on MM & bam error again! So I tried my work around one more time shut off wave link then turn on MM 2022 & again it lets me use it so them two things are conflicting with each other & wave link is a audio router like Voice Meeter Potato. I need it due to I am a streamer so it is a must. So is the problem fixed? no but I did find a work around till either MM2023 etc.. comes out or a update to wave link comes out any way thank you all for your help 🙂 PS: ill keep trying to figure it out though😉

SP. wrote on 3/30/2022, 10:15 AM

@Demi Which audio driver are you using in Music Maker? Magix Low Latency? Maybe try ASIO4ALL, which is newer, FL Studio ASIO or Steinberg Generic ASIO.

Demi wrote on 4/14/2022, 8:13 AM

Sorry It took so long to reply my work has been so hectic lately any way I use Low Latency if I use ASIO4ALL sound don't go threw like if I play piano I am really bad at Audio stuff I am Autistic & I am great at visual things I am a Graphic Designer but I am so out of the loop with audio how do I figure this out to fix my problem because MAGIX Music Maker Premium works fine sound is fine and everything what is so different in the "Music Maker" upgrade that does not let me open it I just don't get it...

Demi wrote on 4/14/2022, 8:24 AM

update  ASIO4ALL dose work on MAGIX Music Maker Premium as a side not so it is working just not Music Maker..

SP. wrote on 4/14/2022, 11:39 AM

@Demi Music Maker 2017 was 32 bit and Music Maker 2022 is 64 bit. Have you tried to run it without your WavLink? Don't forget to reset the program settings by deleting the the MusicMaker.ini in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30 before opening Music Maker. I also have a WaveLink hub, but I would never use it for audio processing. Maybe connect your headphones speakers directly to your computer.

Demi wrote on 4/14/2022, 2:17 PM

ok I deleted the MusicMaker.ini  & I still get the errors also I even shut off the wave link just to see if it would work & it still crashes on me.. I know Jeff said I shouldn't buy a full Music maker 64bit but maybe it will fix it if I just uninstall the MAGIX Music Maker Premium 32bit & buy the 64bit full version instead of just the upgrade version maybe it wont run if its not the full 64bit version from the 32bit.. I just don't know what to do anymore I put so much money into this software to just give up on it I love it

SP. wrote on 4/14/2022, 2:26 PM

@Demi Have you already tried to run Music Maker in Windows 7 compatibility mode?

Demi wrote on 4/14/2022, 9:45 PM

sadly yes windows 7,8, even Vista.. ill post my pc specks its a NZXT Gamming PC:

RAM =Team T-FORCE Vulcan Z 3200MHz 16GB (2X8 GB)

CPU Cooler= AMD Wraith Prism

Storage= M.2 SSD 1.0 TB

Power Supply= 650W Bronze PSU

Accessories= MSI MS-B905C WIFI

CPU= AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz

Graphics= GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G

1 HDMI

3 DisplayPort

Motherboard= MSI B450 TOMAHAWK

4 RAM slots

5 USB ports

8 audio jacks

1 PS/2 port

1 USB Type C

1 Ethernet port

1 HDMI port

Software= Microsoft Windows 10 Home

SO its not old and can handle what ever I throw at it lol

Demi wrote on 4/18/2022, 3:39 AM

What is "elevation (740)? because this maybe why it will not install correctly?

johnebaker wrote on 4/18/2022, 4:45 AM

@Demi

Hi

Jeff is correct buying Music maker again will not fix the issue which is with the computer or the way the earlier installation was done.

Does the error message appear if you temporarily disable your antivirus (AV) ?

If not then you need to add an exception for the program in the AV for the Ransomware, Real time protection and/or Folder protection features.

If the error still appears:

The message "Error 740: 'the requested operation requires elevation' suggests that Music Maker, or the installer, has been run as, or has been configured to Run as administrator.

I would suggest that you un-install Music Maker 2022 using Revo free uninstaller - start the uninstall from within Revo and once the un-install is complete it will ask you to scan for leftover items - delete only those belonging to Music Maker 2022.

Download the installer again from Magix, temporarily disable your Antivirus completely, if possible, or the Ransomware, Real time protection and Folder protection features if not. Install the program without using the 'Run as administrator' option.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/18/2022, 4:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.