A few minor problems....looking for help

Northern-Mike wrote on 2/13/2018, 8:42 AM

I am having a few minor issues related to my lack of knowledge with the program/daws in general:

1) I have a short guitrar clip that I want to make into a long loop.....trouble is there is a slight lag at start of clip and when I loop it...there is an audible glitch at the start of each repeat that I need to clean up......HOW do I zoom in and clean up( remove) ver small bit of the start of this clip to eliminate the glitch in between each repeat?

2) Really stupid question: can you run by the procedure where I can grab a short clip and move it in the track to align with the rest of the tracks.

3) When I start up samplitude....I get an error box showing up ....something about global sysex are turned off??? When I was trying to get my external roland synth to work with the program....I farted around with some setting as a guy posted instructions....I think I turned these things (whatever the heck they are) off?????? What to do.

THANKS

Comments

dark_spartan wrote on 2/25/2018, 12:30 PM

I am having a few minor issues related to my lack of knowledge with the program/daws in general:

1) I have a short guitrar clip that I want to make into a long loop.....trouble is there is a slight lag at start of clip and when I loop it...there is an audible glitch at the start of each repeat that I need to clean up......HOW do I zoom in and clean up( remove) ver small bit of the start of this clip to eliminate the glitch in between each repeat?

You'll probably need to use at third party program (Audacity, etc) to trim the WAV accurately. You could hold down control+shift and middle mouse wheel to zoom in, snip out the area, and drag the bar to line up the audio clip again.

2) Really stupid question: can you run by the procedure where I can grab a short clip and move it in the track to align with the rest of the tracks.

At the top of the screen there is a Snap button. Hit that. Then drag and release a loop anywhere you want.

3) When I start up samplitude....I get an error box showing up ....something about global sysex are turned off??? When I was trying to get my external roland synth to work with the program....I farted around with some setting as a guy posted instructions....I think I turned these things (whatever the heck they are) off?????? What to do.

No idea on this one. It errors and complains a lot, but it is much more reliable than Music Maker.

THANKS

browj2 wrote on 2/25/2018, 8:08 PM

Hi,

For the best of Samplitude, I suggest that you join up on the dedicated Magix Samplitude forum. Also, consult the hundred sixty + tutorials by Kraznet. Lots to learn.

In Samplitude, you can zoom in very tightly (Ctrl+left arrow or use the zoom buttons at the bottom right of the arranger), set the playback marker, cut, delete the left part (or the right part), and move the object to the left or whatever. No need for Audacity.

For moving objects, simply select and drag. Zoom in first if necessary.

For the third question, ask on the Samplitude forum but try to get a screen shot to show.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos