64bit versions of ACID PRO not supporting 32bit VST's

tony-farmakis wrote on 10/24/2023, 12:34 PM

Is there any further information on this issue.....?
I've been able to use a number of 32bit plugins into Acid Pro 8 (which is x64) with no problem, but cannot load a particular VST
I'm trying to use a 32bit version of Amplitube 2.0. The plugin is detected and appears in the DAW but is listed under the "failed to load" tab.

What could I be doing wrong?

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/24/2023, 5:22 PM

@tony-farmakis Without a VST bridge you cannot load 32 bit VST plugins in 64 bit applications. I currently don't know whether Acid has such a VST bridge included like the other Magix music apps. But you can convert 32 bit VST plugins to 64 bit VST plugins with a tool like jBridge.

tony-farmakis wrote on 10/24/2023, 5:28 PM

Thank you @SP.

What's your experience with tools like JBridge? I've heard that it can be hit or miss and that these types of bridging tools are still in a developmental stage & have not reached a point of maturation.

Also to highlight again, I still use version 8 of Acid Pro and they're now on version 11 I believe. I wonder if the latter versions have implemented the use of 32bit plug-ins?!? 🤔

tony-farmakis wrote on 10/24/2023, 5:30 PM

I'm also wondering (unless I'm mistaken) as to why my plugin manager does detect & list other 32 bit plugins but has failed to load Amplitude 2.0?

SP. wrote on 10/24/2023, 5:33 PM

@tony-farmakis You can simply install the free 30 day trial version of Acid 11 and try it out.

If other 32 bit plugins load fine, then there simply might be an incompatibility with the 32 bit version of Amplitube.

I bought jBridge some years ago to wrap a plugin which wasn't loading correctly. I can't remember what it was. But it did work fine after wrapping.

jBridge has also a free demo. But the wrapped plugin will go silent after some minutes.