2022 upgrade on two devices?

Dave-Bee wrote on 8/29/2021, 11:18 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm tempted to upgrade to Music Maker 2022 but I was wondering, can I download and install the upgrade on both my existing computers where I have Music Maker installed (a wrinkly old 2017 version)? I know my soundpools are limited to two devices but I wanted to check that this was also the case with the MM 2022 upgrade. I thought I might be able to find info on device limits in the FAQs but there's no sign of it.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

browj2 wrote on 8/29/2021, 12:36 PM

@Dave-Bee

101st time - Music Maker is FREE. Upgrade to the program - the free Version - don't buy anything yet. MMM2022 is a 64 bit program so if asked, do not uninstall 2017 or whichever MMM that you have.

Once MMM2022 is installed, log in. If you last had Premium Edition 2017, it should show up after about a minute. If nothing shows up, that is, it stays at the free version, enter your last activation code (Premium Edition 2017?). Then it should show up on the start up dialogue screen. There will also be an update and you should do that now.

Once in, go to the Downloads tab and download and install everything. Make sure that everything that you had before shows up.

If you have Soundpools purchased prior to the advent of the in-app Store, then you will need to copy those over to the new machine.

Yes, you can install on 2 computers. Once logged in to the second one, you will have to do the same - Download and install everything from the downloads tab.

When everything works and you are happy with this version, then take a look at what is new in 2022 Plus and Premium (comparison chart) and decide if you want to purchase one or the other. The most cost-effective is usually Premium.

Whichever you purchase, you will receive an activation code. Enter it on the start up screen and it will unlock some things, put many under the downloads tab, and give you some Credits.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 8/29/2021, 12:37 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/29/2021, 12:46 PM

@Dave-Bee

101st time - Music Maker is FREE.

Yes but we know what people mean. We know that people are talking about paid for editions and I don't think we need to be so pedantic. It just confuses the matter.

browj2 wrote on 8/29/2021, 9:33 PM

@Graham-Hawker

Hi Graham,

No, it does not confuse the matter. Yes, we know what they might mean.

The point is that there have been many complaints about having to upgrade. People think that because a new version of the program came out, they have to pay to get to use it with what they have already purchased. Not true.

There are those who have purchased Premium 2022, got the serial number, and entered it in Music Maker 2021. Doesn't work. We have to play 20 question just to find that out.

The one that really gets me is "I bought Music Maker 2022 and..." and my reply is always, no, you didn't. What did you actually purchase? Plus? Premium?

Pedantic, but I want everyone to have a clear understanding - there is only one version of Music Maker 2022 and it's free. There are Editions, like Plus, Premium, Special Editions - these are not the program and you have to pay for them. They get activated in the program (which is free). There are things in a new Version that can be purchased only if desired.

There should be a clear understanding between Versions (the program) and Editions (paid additions to the program). Everyone should start from that understanding.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 8/29/2021, 9:35 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos