2 new glitches found - MMM 2021 Premium

Eleyan wrote on 2/25/2023, 1:06 AM

Had a few new problems and an ongoing one crop up today:

1. Recording on track 6, no audio but still the program registers data against the music in the window, but was unable to stop it from being in 'record mode'. The data on the track could not be removed or deleted, and the project as a whole could not be saved to disc. I had to select all and copy into a new project, which was then able to be saved.

2. Then, record would not work. I select record on track 6 and then press record button below and 'nothing'. And when I tried the opposite, started the track running, then pressed record, it stopped the project. Record stopped working. So I am about to save, reboot and try again. (bare in mind that the last update showed as being already installed when I tried it) I am using windows 11 64bit on a dell G7.

3. When clicking on 'return to start of project' button, the Red Position line marker won't move, I have to do it manually to get it back to the 'start' position.

4. Yesterday when I pressed return to start of project button a few times, the program crashed.

5. I have MMM Premium 31.0.3.27 in 'Installed Apps' but the Free version of MMM is not listed, yet when for some reason MMM first starts up it begins with the FREE version and doesn't show the Premium 2021 version I paid for. When I tried to pay for the newest version of Premium MMM, the update told me I had the latest version, yet the patch states the version number as 31.0.4.35 for MMM. So this is confusing.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/25/2023, 3:50 AM

@Eleyan

Music Maker version 31 is actually MMM 2023, not 2021! So you are actually running the latest version though not the latest build of it! The latest build is 31.0.4.35.

The "Free" version of MM is what we all see on initial launch of the app, and it remains "Free" until a licence check is made, at which point your edition (Premium in your case) becomes "active", as confirmed by the initial splash screen shown before the workspace appears. However, I wonder, from what you write, whether you have actually paid for the Premium edition of MM 2023? The serial key for your earlier purchase of the Premium edition of MM 2021 will show on the initial screen and you will have access to all its features, but any additional feature that was offered with the purchase of 2023 Premium will not be available to you.

As for the other problems, I'm really not sure but you could try File>Settings>Reset program settings to return the app to its initial state. Does this help?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 2/25/2023, 5:14 AM

@Eleyan

Hi

In addition to @emmrecs comment - see this tutorial.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.