2 Issues: No serial number, & Can't Find "Scan Now" for custom plugins

JexiusOfJBp wrote on 1/7/2024, 6:31 AM

I am a "beginner" in music production software. On October 12th, 2020 i purchased the Music Maker 2020 Premium Steam Edition for $38.99 on sale. 3 years later I make it my new years resolution to start using the app, but I just realized I may be still on the Free version as my features look very basic compared to some YouTube video Tutorials showing off what I believe I bought, and it might be the cause of my second issue. I put my email in "Share > Manage Login Details" to no effect.

Apparently I need a serial number...... but I never received one? Where do I get it? I assumed the option to choose 2 free "Tiny Instruments" and 4 "Instruments" was the Premium purchase already taking effect. I combed my whole email history as this product was downloaded digitally on Steam, no physical box. It wasn't marked as spam was it? (If you recommended specific phrases to help find it, i'll appreciate that.) The only Magix related mail was a bunch of marketing and the receipt of the original Steam purchase proving I'm not dreaming this issue. \

I can't find Magix's Contact email to discuss it with them. I looked around my account and to my surprise, it says I only ever owned the "Music Maker 2015 Premium (Steam)" since 06/24/2017, even though I clearly remember paying for AND using "MAGIX Music Maker 2017 Premium" since October 28, 2017, so I'm even more confused as to where this serial number requirement is coming from.

If I can get them to give me the serial number to get an activation code or whatever the support page said, then it may fix my nightmarish second issue:

The PDF Manual claims there is a "Scan Now" button you must click to welcome your new third-party VSTs and Plugins but I don't have that Scan Now button! It's only showing the "Add VST Plug-in Path" button and it opens Window's "Browse For Folder" Window.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/7/2024, 8:12 AM

@JexiusOfJBp

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Since you purchased the Steam Edition of MM 2020 Premium but did not immediately install and register it with Magix, apparently, your Magix account will have no record of your purchase and so Magix Support will be completely unable to help you, sorry.

I am not certain how purchases from Steam are handled but the normal process where third-parties are involved (i.e., you did not purchase direct from Magix) is that the seller should supply you with a Voucher Code, which you enter on this page, once you ahve logged in to your account. You will then receive an email which includes the serial key to be sued to register the product. Once registration is completed, you will be able to download and install all the additional features (soundpools, instremnets, effects etc.) which the Premium edition includes.

If you do not have or cannot find that voucher code you need to contact Steam. Only they can help you in this situation.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 1/7/2024, 1:09 PM

@JexiusOfJBp As far as I understood it, the handling of licenses is done differently with the steam version than with we the standalone version. Are you logged in with your Steam account in Music Maker while it's running?