Wont download 64bit version

steven-cluthe wrote on 5/20/2018, 10:23 PM

Help I had to uninstall and reinstall AP8 and it will only allow me to download 32bit. What do i do to reload 64 ??

my system is2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i3-2350M
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
3 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Hyper-threaded (4 total)

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/21/2018, 3:31 AM

Hi.

You say your system is 64 bit ready. That implies you have a CPU and board etc, which can handle 64 bit OS and programs but not necessarily that you have a 64 bit OS actually installed. So, can you confirm your computer actually has a 64 bit OS installed.

If it has, I wonder whether your previous attempt to uninstall actually removed the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version. Hence, your only option to reinstall the 32 bit version.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

steven-cluthe wrote on 5/21/2018, 11:38 AM

thanks for reply Thats probably what happened, anyway to reload around that ??

steven-cluthe wrote on 5/21/2018, 11:46 AM

I'm def a 64bit system

emmrecs wrote on 5/21/2018, 2:24 PM

Hmmm... I'm not really sure, but I suspect your best or only course of action is to completely remove Acid Pro 8 in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. This tutorial, although referring to problems following a Win 10 update, also includes very detailed and comprehensive procedure for fully removing any Magix program from a computer.

One caveat: I'm pretty certain the author does NOT have Acid Pro on his machine so the process is NOT tested for that specific app; the instructions refer to the more "common" of Magix programs for video and photography but should be adaptable for AP.

If that process cannot be applied to AP or fails to resolve your problem, one other thing you could try is to find, download and install Revo Uninstaller. It's available in both Pro (paid for) and Free versions. I have the Pro version and it has, over the years, enabled me to completely uninstall a variety of programs whose uninstallation had proved problematic for a whole host of reasons.

If you still have problems with AP, does this web page offer any remedy? I've seen posts in various forums where users have commented that this Microsoft solution has worked for them.

Then, the fun of reinstalling....!😬😬

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

steven-cluthe wrote on 5/21/2018, 11:42 PM

I did EVERYTHING on this list, NOTHING, it still won't download as 64bit, I paid hard earned money for ap8 , I've been laughed at for using acid pro but I believed in the product, now I can't load any of the plugins that I ALSO paid for , my old AP files are useless !!! REAPER IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER BY THE MINUTE!!! I had the 64 bit version at first, then the program hung up and shut down when loading plugins, i was forced to fresh start my windows 10 just to reinstall ap8( another nightmare that shouldn't have had to be done) My system is absolutely 64bit

emmrecs wrote on 5/22/2018, 3:47 AM

I'm truly sorry about that. I'm not an AP user so am somewhat working blind. The fact that no other user of AP has joined this thread seems to suggest that no-one else is seeing this problem, unfortunately.

The only other suggestion I can make is that you raise an official Support Ticket here.

Jeff

sheppo wrote on 5/22/2018, 2:29 PM

The easiest way to tell if you have a 64bit version of windows installed is to see if you have, on the root of the C: drive, two program files folders.

"C:\Program Files\"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\"

if you do not have the (x86) version it means you only have Windows 32bit installed.

If you only have 32bit installed it is possible to do a cross-grade to 64bit. You would lose everything in windows, but retain all your files and folders on the hard disk. It's probably not worth the hassle, especially if you only have 4GB memory or less installed on your PC. This How to Geek page has more info