VSTI Keeps changing back to first instrument after hitting Play

Yorokobi wrote on 5/6/2018, 4:51 AM

Hello everyone! I have the Music Maker 2018 Premium Edition and since today I ran into a weird Problem...

Every time I set up an instrument (for example, in Revolta 2, a bass or something) It keeps changing back to the first instrument of that VSTI whenever I hit the play button. Does anyone know how to fix it since it gets really annoying and I cannot do anything about it.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Comments

fan-boy wrote on 5/6/2018, 6:28 PM

tell us more .

if you select , say , the Concert Piano with Default , and the piano synthesizer interface is displayed . now you click with the mouse on the Transport Control Play button ,...and What Happens ? a different instrument gets selected ? or a new Preset automatically gets selected ? tell us more . i do not yet , understand .

Yorokobi wrote on 5/6/2018, 6:45 PM

tell us more .

if you select , say , the Concert Piano with Default , and the piano synthesizer interface is displayed . now you click with the mouse on the Transport Control Play button ,...and What Happens ? a different instrument gets selected ? or a new Preset automatically gets selected ? tell us more . i do not yet , understand .

I will try to explain this problem:
Let's say I have the DN-whatever VSTI and the very first Instrument-preset is the Acid Bass. When I set it to a different Instrument, like a Lead or something and then hit the "play" button, as soon as the music starts it jumps immediately back to the Acid Bass preset even I changed the value of the Lead-Instrument. It is like the VSTI doesn't save the new preset I set to and it loads the first instrument of the VSTI. It gets really annoying when I am halfway done with a project and it occurs right after I wanted to finish the project.

johnebaker wrote on 5/7/2018, 4:38 AM

@Yorokobi

I can reproduce this under a specific condition for DN-E1 using Music Maker version 25.1.2.78 - see below

Are you using the same method of changing the instrument selection as causes the error in the video?

Other instruments, I have tested, do not play the wrong instruments so this looks like an issue with DN-E1

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Yorokobi wrote on 5/7/2018, 10:55 PM

Even on the left for it it says DN-E1 and the track too, it still switches back to the first instrument preset. It not only is an issue with DN-E1, it is also an issue with Revolta 2. It is really hard to explain what is going on since it just suddenly switches. I even tried changing to a third-part VSTI and it works fine there.

johnebaker wrote on 5/8/2018, 3:10 AM

Hi

I would suggest you raise a support request here - Revolta 2 works fine here.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Yorokobi wrote on 5/8/2018, 3:33 AM

Thank you very much, johnebaker. I will take my time to send a request to the Support-team. :)

fan-boy wrote on 5/9/2018, 8:20 PM

something went really wrong with Windows 10 registry . all of a sudden , things got really qurky in MM and Samplitude . I looked in windows power settings , and the hard drive was set to 14 minutes , I never set that . CPU % clocks were not right either . what I am saying is , maybe there is nothing wrong with DN e1 . could be a registry wack . I re-imaged from known good backup , and all works again . I have no idea what glitched the registry . it's always the registry . either do a Restore Point , or re-image . I always have a system image to restore too ,..just in case .

I was playing the Concert Piano LE ,...it always worked before . I would click the Play Sample Triangle button that is next to the Preset Combo box . the Sample play would hang and was trashed . what ? I swore it worked before . the Registry got slammed by a bug ( not sure what happened ) . re-image fixed everything .

I'm not saying your registry is messed ,.....there is some possibility though .

Dev's and troubleshooters don't like chasing ghost bugs . ( but yet , something ain't right )

the real bug is : "what caused the registry wack ? " . at this point ,...I don't know .

Cerebellum wrote on 5/30/2018, 4:12 PM

Even on the left for it it says DN-E1 and the track too, it still switches back to the first instrument preset. It not only is an issue with DN-E1, it is also an issue with Revolta 2. It is really hard to explain what is going on since it just suddenly switches. I even tried changing to a third-part VSTI and it works fine there.

Exactly the same problem at my computer. Clean and fresh Windows install, clean Magix MusicMaker 18 Premium install, and this problem...

lyric4him wrote on 7/12/2018, 6:34 AM

Ok THis happened to me, I tried a few things.

say you have selected full band. The track has an instrument.track 1 drums.track 2 bass etc. If you click on the track for bass you will have revolta play bass, I find I must click the track instrument itself to load and play correct instrument, its a hassle, must keep doing it, but it work odd bug indeed many bugs I can not record 8 tracks track 8 on distorted clicks, bad stuff crappy software. I had first issue of magix from CM mag in 90's Same issues years later always crashes, freezes, o and on. NOt sound card as I have samplitude that came with my premium and got acid 8 360 can do 40 tracks only MM will not let me do much and if effects added audio bad not using it any more just samplitude, acid pro 8 360.

ProdyThe wrote on 3/23/2019, 7:47 PM

Exactly the same problem at my computer. Clean and fresh Windows install, clean Magix MusicMaker 18 Premium install, and this problem...

Solution:
delete the program change order in your midi file

Timothy-Hamilton wrote on 6/4/2019, 4:39 PM

Still haven't found the solution. Very frustrating.

jay5671 wrote on 12/28/2020, 10:26 AM

@ProdyThe Thank you! I had the same problem and that solution worked for me. I copied my midi from Guitar Pro so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.