Trouble Exporting to Wav or MP3

graham-axell wrote on 1/21/2018, 6:05 AM

I have the latest MM. It worked well until recently, but now when I export to Wav or MP3 it starts to Normalize, gets to 21% then jumps to Mixdown and again gets to 21% and says it was successfully exported. No file is found. It FAILED. Anyone know what is happening?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/21/2018, 11:22 AM

I have a vague memory that others have experienced similar problems, caused by the Normalize process. To test this, have you tried to export without using Normalization?

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

graham-axell wrote on 1/22/2018, 8:57 AM

I have just tested saving a WAV and MP4 with and without Normalize and although it still skips after 21% on both Normalize and Mix down it DOES ACTUALLY SAVE A FILE! (Not all times though...once it saved the first 42 seconds of the song! I will have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the help.

nablator wrote on 4/3/2018, 3:32 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Whether the normalization is enabled or not, and whether any format of the report is not supported, ends in approximately 20%, the saved file is not readable. I have a version of Magix Musicmaker purchased from Humble Bundle, Vegas Bundle. In the program - HELP - About Music Maker I see version 25.1.2.78. My PC - i7- 4770K, 12GB RAM, Windows 10 PRO 1709

Dave-Padgett wrote on 2/12/2019, 4:56 PM

I had the same problem. I thought that the exported file was corrupt because it wouldn't open after creating it. In my case, it is the Magix Low Latency driver. I have to close the MM program for Windows to open it. As long as Music Maker is open, I won't be able to even open the file in Vegas or any other program or player. I wasn't even able to hear the tutorials on MM's website as long as Music Maker was open. I changed "playback audio" drivers in the MM program and left the "record audio" driver to remain Magix Low Latency. So far so good.

ralftaro wrote on 2/13/2019, 5:40 AM

Music Maker development is currently looking into a bunch of problems surrounding the mix-down/export process. Most of the ones we have seen are apparently related to a mismatch between the project sample rate and the sample rate set in the export process for the WAV/MP3 encoder. So, this might be a point to start and might help you work around the problem. Other than that, there will be a program update pretty soon, which will hopefully take care of any of these export/encoding issues.

@nablator: If you're running version 25.1.2.78, you're a complete generation behind on the updates. Make sure to update to generation 27.x first, in order to be able to receive the update I mentioned above. This updating process will be free and can be initiated via the "Help" menu.

@Dave-Padgett: I believe what you're describing would be unrelated to the topic of this thread, and would be the usual behaviour you'd expect to see when using ASIO drivers, which demand exclusive access to the sound hardware resources. However, if you do an export and you're waiting for the automatic playback to start at the end of the export process, and this is effectively been prevented by Music Maker running on ASIO drivers, I can see how this may have lead you to the conclusion that there was something wrong about the export. With the current problems most likely described in this thread, Music Maker genuinely freezes or crashes halfway through the export process. :-( Help is on the way, though.

emmrecs wrote on 2/27/2021, 3:37 AM

@Derek-Ralph

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately, your first post has been made to a rather old thread which refers to a now old version of Music Maker. Please do not resurrect old threads in this way, but rather start a new thread with full details of your computer and the problem(s) you are experiencing. The computer details we need to be able to help you are to be found in this post.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam