Travel Route Animation - adding photos

PeterD58 wrote on 6/27/2019, 3:55 PM

I have the latest version of Photostory Deluxe 2019 and am having difficulty adding photos by dragging them onto the travel route. Occasionally I manage to get the message up that asks if I want them set as a background image for a destination or assigned to a specific destination, so think I have cracked it - then when I try again that option is not available, even if I move up and down the line created between the destinations. I cannot figure out why, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

PeterD58 wrote on 6/27/2019, 4:34 PM

It appears to be an issue on the map in the Hong Kong area, anywhere else I can drag and drop photos on a travel route, in this area I cant - will amend my slideshow for my holiday in this area to suit

browj2 wrote on 6/29/2019, 10:49 AM

@PeterD58

Hi,

You indicated Travel Route Animation in the subject, but I suspect that you mean the new Travel Maps. Please confirm which one you are using. TRA has a completely different interface from TM.

If you mean Travel Maps, check your version number; there was an update last week.

I have been playing around with TM and have noted several bugs that I would like to have confirmed.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 6/29/2019, 10:50 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 6/29/2019, 3:13 PM

@PeterD58, @browj2

. . . . It appears to be an issue on the map in the Hong Kong area . . . .

There is an issue with adding photos in several areas, not just with Hong Kong. I cannot add photos in the following areas - approx boundaries are:-

• anywhere in Asia, east and south of Uzbekistan
  • in the southern hemisphere Australia and New Zealand
  • in the west - Canada and USA.

Also if a route starts in an 'allowed' area you add more location points, as soon as one is put in any of the areas mentioned above then adding photos anywhere on whole route is disabled.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/29/2019, 3:16 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

PeterD58 wrote on 6/30/2019, 2:33 AM

@PeterD58

Hi,

You indicated Travel Route Animation in the subject, but I suspect that you mean the new Travel Maps. Please confirm which one you are using. TRA has a completely different interface from TM.

If you mean Travel Maps, check your version number; there was an update last week.

I have been playing around with TM and have noted several bugs that I would like to have confirmed.

John CB

PeterD58 wrote on 6/30/2019, 2:46 AM

Hi John, I can confirm it involves the new travel maps, I also bought the Ultimate Travel Package expansion when I purchased Photostory Deluxe 2019 earlier this year.

After noticing the issue a travel map update came through, I downloaded it and tried again on that exact area of the map with the same results, ie I could still not drag and drop photos on the route I had created from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island, but could when I created a route in another area I tried, which was in Europe. But have now seen another response that indicates it’s a bug in the system that is effecting other locations.

regards

Peter D

PeterD58 wrote on 6/30/2019, 2:50 AM

John EB - thanks for your response, it is only the second slideshow I have started to put together and as with anything new, thought I was missing a step in the process.

Thanks

PeterD

browj2 wrote on 6/30/2019, 12:22 PM

@PeterD58 @johnebaker

I can confirm the problem of dropping photos along the route in and around Hong Kong. I tried all of the available maps just to see if there was any change - none. I was only able to get photos in icons, like the callouts.

Other problems to be confirmed:

1. The number box beside the slider under Locations, Location size - inputting anything but a whole number causes it to go tot NaN. The slider is not granular enough. I was trying to get 1.5, unsuccessfully;
  2. Path, With Shadow, Transparency - number box does not work. Moving the slider does not change the number. I also had to play with it to get anything to work the first time;
  3. Cannot put photos along an imported gpx route. I made a manual route at approx. the same locations and was able to put photos along it.

Edit: I found that putting photos/slideshow along the route using TM to be rather laborious. It is much faster to simply cut up the TM video and insert images and videos where one wants. Also, I like to have images/videos pop up in a relatively small window along the route, so this has to be done within the video program.

I have been preparing a wish list that I will share later.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 6/30/2019, 12:26 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

PeterD58 wrote on 6/30/2019, 12:57 PM

Thanks for looking into this

browj2 wrote on 7/5/2019, 12:24 PM

@PeterD58 @johnebaker

I opened the Hong Kong Route in Notepad along with another one that has photos added. The Hong Kong route somehow got some photos that didn't show up. What seems to be missing are entries under Mediapoints.

I also created routes using gpx files. Start and ending locations are created. I couldn't put any background photos on the locations, but I could add a photo to an icon. Also, the Photos tab is defective in this case. I could import 1 image, but no others. Looking at the Photopool part, there many photos since I selected more than 1, but nothing shows up.

Also, saving the gpx route and then reopening it later causes it to not play or export.

John CB

John C.B.

PeterD58 wrote on 8/6/2019, 11:08 AM

Received a travel map update but original issue I had regarding dropping photos along a travel route still exist after trying to put a slide show together for West Canada (again tried on a route in Europe and it worked), in addition to that when I imported photos to try and get them on the route I just had black squares, I had to tick for titles to figure out what I had imported.

Bit disappointing to be honest when you cannot do what is advertised, I hope when I have had this a year Magix dont expect me to pay for upgrades / updates - they need to have a fully functioning program first.

I have sent a request to technical support to look into it, I think - nothing has come back to say it has been received.

PeterD58 wrote on 8/15/2019, 4:18 PM

Technical support have confirmed issue with dropping photos onto travel map routes is still to be resolved, but that having blank squares (No picture content) when importing photos for travel maps is an issue they were not aware of. I have sent them screen shots.

PeterD58 wrote on 8/20/2019, 9:28 AM

Problem with blank photos has resolved itself, not sure why or how but after originally having the issue repeat itself even after restarting the program it now appears fine - I have made technical support aware.