Problems after reinstalling

Anarky wrote on 8/16/2018, 1:17 PM

Hello,

As I stated in the topic I had to install Music Maker on another PC. Installation process went fine but after launching the program I came across 2 problems. The first one is that I can't use the instruments no matter which one I choose. When I use QWERTY keyboard and try to play on one piano keys appear to be pressed but no sound is made despite the fact that "MIDI" blinks green on the volume gauge on the right; when I go to the instrument's config window I can freely operate all the options there but I can't click on the piano keys with my mouse. The second smaller problem is that when I play samples before putting them into the track the "bar" at the middle of the screen doesn't move - previously it used to indicate the sample's length and loop when the sample ended.

What should I do? I hope I was able to somehow explain what are the issues I'm currently having. Thank you for your response in advance.

Comments

fan-boy wrote on 8/16/2018, 5:02 PM

only 3 ways here , when an Instrument won't play :

1. the Instrument is NOT Activated ( mouse clicking the small sampler keyboard , those piano keys will NOT depress )

2. Music Maker audio , just the audio stops responding ( unknown reason ) . close and re-open , and audio works again . ( rare to occur ) with MM25 2018 .

3. the note range of some instruments is sometimes limited , playing Gray notes inadvertently will produce No audio ( yes , I have done that , oops ,..operator error )

Anarky wrote on 8/17/2018, 12:15 PM

Sorry, but I'm afraid the problem still persists. I made sure the instrument is put into the track, I reopened and reinstalled the program numerous times and still nothing. I'm out of ideas how to fix it

johnebaker wrote on 8/17/2018, 12:56 PM

@Anarky

Hi

Check that the track you have dropped the instrument on to is armed for Midi record (MIDI REC) as shown below

and click the keyboard at the bottom of the screen once to set the focus on it. Also note that some instruments have a limited range of notes when using the computer keyboard.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Anarky wrote on 8/17/2018, 1:24 PM

I made sure that it was armed and it didn't help but I made some discoveries.

1. https://i.imgur.com/sc96RI7.png - when instrument is put in and I'm clicking away keys are pressed, "MIDI" lights up green and I hear no sound.

2. When I press Record and start to play the keys appear to be pressed yet again but nothing appears on the track (recording goes on empty and that's it) and I can't hear anything (I'm unable to screenshot it as it stops the recording and goes to point 3)

3. https://imgur.com/DJoWgmr - but after I'm done recording everything suddenly appears and I hear it when I play it back.

Am I being dumb in some way?

Anarky wrote on 8/17/2018, 4:12 PM

Okay, I think I finally know what the problem is. I don't hear anything while I use Direct Sound audio driver. Any other driver works...but only Direct Sound let's me e.g. play YouTube videos while using Music Maker. Is there any fix to that? Maybe some driver update?

johnebaker wrote on 8/17/2018, 4:26 PM

@Anarky

. . . . Am I being dumb in some way? . . .

During further testing, to reply to your last but one comment, I hit the same problem - no sound.

The only way to get sound while playing an instrument was to change to the audio setting in Program settings, Audio/MIDI tab to that shown in the image below - this is contrary to the normal setting, Direct sound or Wave driver, which are the standard fall back settings for MMM and no sound.

The downside of this is that no other programs can access the sound card while MMM is running.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/17/2018, 4:28 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Anarky wrote on 8/17/2018, 4:42 PM

That's it. Thank you for your assistance.