Why is there footage missing from the movie I recorded onto DVD?

reddonavon schreef op 18.07.2012 om 20:59 uur

I have burned a DVD with two movies include in the menu. Both films were recorded and the DVD performs well, but there are several minutes of play missing from one of the movies.

Checking both the movies prior to burning showed that all the fottage was intact, I even played the whole thing through in the Burning panel. Everything including the mnus works and the whole of the footage seemed to be there. 

So my question is, where has the missing footage gone to? What step have I missed? Is there a marker in the movie time line, that I cannot find, that dictates that 'the movie stops here"?

Help! Hilfe!

Thanks in anticipation!

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 22.07.2012 om 20:20 uur

A couple of obvious questions that you may not have thought of.  How long is your video, what burning resolution did you choose, and how big is the file you are trying to burn?  Also how much RAM do you have on your system and how much disc space do you have available?  The fact that the DVD burns and does not crash  indicates that the application has recognized what you have created, but there must be something else that is not allowing all the content to burn to the DVD.

You also use the word Movies.  Are these movies that you created, or are they movies acquired elsewhere?

gandjcarr schreef op 25.07.2012 om 12:47 uur

Hi I am in the process of duplicating your settings using 2 videos that equal about 13 minutes and saving it as MPEG-2, at HD Quality 2 using your project settings and will let you know what happens when the file finishes saving.

George

gandjcarr schreef op 25.07.2012 om 18:49 uur

Hi, I tried everything I could think of to reproduce the problem you described.  I took 216 photographs ranging in size from 3 to 4 GB adjusted the length each photo would play so that I wound up with a final video that was about 22 minutes. Changed my movie setting to the ones you mentioned, added 20 effects including transitions, collages, titles and one of the pre made outros and a soundtrack that lasts the duration of the video.  First I exported the video as MPEG-2 with HD2 resolution and got a file that was just over 4.1 GB.  So now I know my file is large and is going to take a while to burn.  I then added a simple DVD menu and burned the video to Disc.  The resulting DVD was within seconds of the original and when playing it back I could not find any issues at all. 

I did notice that during the rendering and burning process the MEP application was using just over 50% of my RAM (which is 6GB)  and often using 80% of my CPU.  Unless you had a lot of memory intensive applications running at the same time I can't see RAM as being the problem.  Your CPU is also a little faster than mine, I am using windows 7 64 bit running on a quad core AMD processor.

You might want to log a support ticket directly with Magix tech support and give them all the detail that was in your post.  They may have a solution for you.

Sorry I could not be more help with this problem but at least you found a work around.

Good Luck

George

reddonavon schreef op 25.07.2012 om 22:36 uur

Hi, I tried everything I could think of to reproduce the problem you described.  I took 216 photographs ranging in size from 3 to 4 GB adjusted the length each photo would play so that I wound up with a final video that was about 22 minutes. Changed my movie setting to the ones you mentioned, added 20 effects including transitions, collages, titles and one of the pre made outros and a soundtrack that lasts the duration of the video.  First I exported the video as MPEG-2 with HD2 resolution and got a file that was just over 4.1 GB.  So now I know my file is large and is going to take a while to burn.  I then added a simple DVD menu and burned the video to Disc.  The resulting DVD was within seconds of the original and when playing it back I could not find any issues at all. 

I did notice that during the rendering and burning process the MEP application was using just over 50% of my RAM (which is 6GB)  and often using 80% of my CPU.  Unless you had a lot of memory intensive applications running at the same time I can't see RAM as being the problem.  Your CPU is also a little faster than mine, I am using windows 7 64 bit running on a quad core AMD processor.

You might want to log a support ticket directly with Magix tech support and give them all the detail that was in your post.  They may have a solution for you.

Sorry I could not be more help with this problem but at least you found a work around.

Good Luck

George

Thank you for trying. It really is a head-scratcher. I've tried with other projects to simulate it but to no avail. It must  have been a gremlin lurking in the shadows.

Many thanks,

Don