Why does the program keep skipping and jumping when you want to record

NightriderKen2000 schreef op 16.09.2012 om 16:51 uur

While im recording through the 16 bars, when i click record to record my vocals the program starts to glitch. It sometimes would run smooth if i have to mute atleast 7 of the 16 bars. When i want to playback what i recorded the program starts skipping and the buttons/controls are unusable. It's a serious probem Magix needs to work on, why pay so much money for the software if it doesnt even work properly ?

Reacties

Procyon schreef op 16.09.2012 om 17:36 uur

Note: WE do not work for MAGIX.  With that said...

Before you start passing blame to everyone else, why don't you give us the specs on your computer (CPU, CPU speed, amount of RAM memory, OS, sound card, etc...)?

In the mean time, you might want to read this recent posting where a similar issue was already covered in detail...

http://www.magix.info/us/glitchy-playback.knowledge.807629.html

gandjcarr schreef op 17.09.2012 om 23:03 uur

Re your comment on someone else's post

"So i have to buy a new laptop for the software i paid for to work ?? that is unnacceptable and horrible."  Your comment is both uncalled for and totally innacurate.  No one told you you need to buy a new computer.  I and many others have this software, and it works just fine.  You continue to refuse to post your system configuration as suggested by Procyon, yet you make some pretty wild allegations as far as the software is concerned.  It does work!!! and how well it works on any given project is actually determined by YOUR system.  If your system is not up to the challenge, don't blame the application, blame the person running it.  Since you won't provide any system specs either you don't know what they are, or they are so pathetic that you are embarrased to tell us what they are.  Either way this is more than likely your problem, not the application's.  I don't work for Magix, I am just a user like you, and I have big problems with people who whine and complain but will not provide the requested information about their system configuration or even read or follow the basic forum guidelines.

Why don't you just go and download some cheap or free piece of junk application and see how well that works for you before you start to criticize good software that is stable and works extremely well!!!!!

johnebaker schreef op 17.09.2012 om 23:59 uur

Hi

Please keep your posts on a particular question  in the same thread so you do not get your answers split over several questions.  Hijacking of another users question is also bad manners.

As George has said - post your computer specification in this thread see this post for more information on the details we need to help you.

Help us to help you - the comments you made are not helpful nor necessary. 

John

Forum Moderator

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 18.09.2012, 00:00, in totaal 2 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mememy schreef op 22.01.2013 om 23:26 uur

try going to record options .. check make sure monitoring mode is set to /  software monitoring..mine was FX monitoring so i set it back to software monitoring...

i have the sampilture music studio having the same problems, i almost shredded the CD and uninstalled the program .. so i figured out my problem just hope it helps someone else : )

john-d92 schreef op 13.05.2014 om 19:35 uur

You know...you people need to get off his back. Especially you gandjcarr anf Procyon.

He asked a question, either answer it or don't...yes, I saw his other comment. He has every right to express how he feels, and you guys are just getting mad because he isn't worshiping the software...he said absolutely nothing wrong. I am also upset because I have tried MAGIX on five different computers and the skipping continues. Yes, even on Windows 7 with plenty of ram.

@gandjcarr: You telling him the "not make fun of the software" then telling him to "download a piece of junk software" makes no sense...why is it okay to talk crap about other software but just not the one YOU like? And like I'm gonna tell Procyon, you can't bully him just because he doesn't like the software or worship it. I use this software a lot and I get fed up with the bugs too, and there's people who would agree.

@Procyon: Dunno how he was passing judgement on anyone else...he was simply explaining what happened. Yes, he should probably just put his specs, but bullying him just because he won't is dumb.

Oh and btw even if you delete my comment someone still read it. So there. Say whatever you want to me.

Now that that is out of thw way...there's really no way to fix it because every version of MAGIX is gonna have a bug in it somewhere...it's just how it is. The best thing is to just close the internet, any background programs, and even mute a few bars and try that. Just play around with it. And don't listen to these people NightriderKen2000(well, this question was two years later but still), they're just mad because you asked a question and you aren't making the software out to be a god or something. I have the exact same issues you have on multiple computers./ It's okay. Just leaving this for you and anyone else having problems with the ever buggy 2014 version. It's still an awesome software, don't get me wrong, but it has major bugs...

Procyon schreef op 14.05.2014 om 03:58 uur

"It's a serious probem Magix needs to work on, why pay so much money for the software if it doesnt even work properly ?"

John - Perhaps you need to learn how to read.  In the above sentence, he is clearly blaming MAGIX and their software for all of his problems.  You will also note, at no point did he respond with any information about his computer system, which could just as easily be the source of his problems, but we'll never know, will we?  Simply asking him for the specs on his computer is not "bullying".  Gathering facts is a major part of problem solving.

No John....it is YOU who needs to get off of our backs.  Who are you to jump in two years after the fact and pass judgement on us?  In other words, how about practicing what you're preaching?

In all of the years I've been helping hundreds, if not thousands, of people, I don't recall seeing you spending your precious time and energy helping anyone.  In fact, this appears to be your first post.

gandjcarr schreef op 14.05.2014 om 20:36 uur

@John d-92,

I agree with Procyon, You need to get off our backs as we are trying to help users solve their problems, and for that we need to understand their computer configuration. You may have tried the product on multiple computer, but still you have not given your computer specs.  Same with this user.  If your computer specs do not meet the standard, then what do you expect.  I suggested a low end "garbage" editing program because the people who have computer specs that do not even meet the minimum requirements should not expect this program to run to their satisfaction.  Either your system meets the specs or it does not, simple as that!!  If your computer does meet the minimum standards, and you are still having problems, then just post the specs and we can and will help you, but your BS comments are not helping you get anyone to help you find a solution.  This is not a charity, we all work our asses off trying to help users with proplems, but those users need to play by the rules and provide the information needed to help solve the problem.  To just throw out random accusations and comments on the software is totally unacceptable.  Provide the information that has been requested, and if you don't like the answer, then ask more questions.

George