Why can't i upload mov. files?

grupoking24 schreef op 04.03.2012 om 11:11 uur

Please help me anyone. For many days i am trying to upload mov. files for video editing but i can't edit it I dont know why! Please help me.. It does not let me upload a mov. file!

Thanks anyone who will help me!!

URGENT!

Reacties

johnebaker schreef op 04.03.2012 om 17:34 uur

Hi

Is Quicktime installed and up to date?  If not install and try again

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 04.03.2012, 17:34, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gandjcarr schreef op 05.03.2012 om 11:06 uur

Hi, Can you even play the .mov file on your computer? You said you wanted to upload a mov file but I am assuming that you are not actually trying to upload it to somewhere likeYouTube because you also said you want to edit it.  So if I assume the file is on your computer and you want to edit it with Movie Edit Pro, the first thing to check is can Movie Edit Pro even see the file.  Use the browser under the "Import" tab to locate the file.  If you can't see the file in the MEP browser, then MEP is not recognizing that file.  It could be corrupt, or if it is purchased material (they usually don't have a .mov extension) you won't be able to edit it at all even if you are authorized to play it.

Finally, if (it is not a purchased file), you can play it and MEP recognized the file, you should be able to drag that file into an unlocked track and do whatever you want to it as long as your version of MEP support .mov files.  If none of this works, you may want to contact Magix tech support using their long drawn out form, or just convert the file to another format say MP4 or something else using one of the many free video file converter programs out there.  I use the one from dvdvideosoft.com and it usually does the trick.  Good luck.

johnebaker schreef op 06.03.2012 om 01:00 uur

Hi

MEP requires the correct codecs to open video files - for mov you must have Quicktime or another codec which can open mov file and is available to MEP..

mov (and avi files) are container files which may contain any video and audio codecs.  Without the correct codec to open the mov file and then allow the extraction of the internal file with another codec MEP cannot use them. 

Quicktime provides the correct codec(s) and also enables you to play mov fles on your computer.

Codec are an essential requirement and it would be great if there was just a select few of high quality ones to choose from, unfortunately there are hundreds of them.

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 06.03.2012, 01:00, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

grupoking24 schreef op 08.03.2012 om 21:51 uur

Hi

MEP requires the correct codecs to open video files - for mov you must have Quicktime or another codec which can open mov file and is available to MEP..

mov (and avi files) are container files which may contain any video and audio codecs.  Without the correct codec to open the mov file and then allow the extraction of the internal file with another codec MEP cannot use them. 

Quicktime provides the correct codec(s) and also enables you to play mov fles on your computer.

Codec are an essential requirement and it would be great if there was just a select few of high quality ones to choose from, unfortunately there are hundreds of them.

John

I have the quicktime installed and the movie works but when i want to upload it to Movie edit pro to edit it i can't.

grupoking24 schreef op 08.03.2012 om 21:51 uur

Hi, Can you even play the .mov file on your computer? You said you wanted to upload a mov file but I am assuming that you are not actually trying to upload it to somewhere likeYouTube because you also said you want to edit it.  So if I assume the file is on your computer and you want to edit it with Movie Edit Pro, the first thing to check is can Movie Edit Pro even see the file.  Use the browser under the "Import" tab to locate the file.  If you can't see the file in the MEP browser, then MEP is not recognizing that file.  It could be corrupt, or if it is purchased material (they usually don't have a .mov extension) you won't be able to edit it at all even if you are authorized to play it.

Finally, if (it is not a purchased file), you can play it and MEP recognized the file, you should be able to drag that file into an unlocked track and do whatever you want to it as long as your version of MEP support .mov files.  If none of this works, you may want to contact Magix tech support using their long drawn out form, or just convert the file to another format say MP4 or something else using one of the many free video file converter programs out there.  I use the one from dvdvideosoft.com and it usually does the trick.  Good luck.

yes yes i can play the video from a quicktime.. but still can't upload it..

grupoking24 schreef op 08.03.2012 om 21:52 uur

Hi

Is Quicktime installed and up to date?  If not install and try again

John

yes it updated and also it is installed... but still doesnt work..

sylvainsylvain schreef op 18.09.2020 om 01:19 uur

Je sais que nous sommes en 2020...mais j'ai le même problème

emmrecs schreef op 18.09.2020 om 11:29 uur

@sylvainsylvain

Why have you posted to a thread which is more than 8 years old? Please do not resurrect such old threads.

Instead, first do a search in the forum, where you will find a number of users reporting the same, or similar problems. Pleas post to one of those threads or, if your situation is substantially different to other users, please start your own thread.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam