Reacties

cpc000cpc schreef op 27.04.2012 om 07:27 uur

motommj67,

You can expect an export to take longer than the running time of a project. How much longer depends on many factors including source video file format, the complexity of the project (eg fancy transitions) output resolution (eg standard DVD or full HD 1920 x 1080), quality (eg bitrate) settings, the power of your CPU, and whether you are running any other programs at the same time. I'd suspect the writing to a thumb drive might be slower still.

Magix and many other software companies are aware of the potentially long export times and offer an option to auto turn off the computer when finished. Set it running and go to bed!

Regards,

Carl

gandjcarr schreef op 12.05.2012 om 11:50 uur

Hi, motommj67 is absolutely correct.  I would also add that the amount of available RAM, disc space availability, dics fragmentation, and number of other applications running will also impact how long the process takes.  Exporting to a thumb drive will usually take longer than to an internal hard drive because the thumb drive data needs to export via USB.  Number of transitions, title, effects, and titles could also add time to the export process.  Mostly the answer is usually hardware related.  I upgraded my system about six months ago, and my export times have dramatically reduced.  They are always longer than the production length, but 120 min plus on a 10 min video seems very very long.

Good Luck