What is the best way to clean up "drop out lines" from a video footage ?

tombwilson schreef op 04.02.2015 om 13:20 uur

Hi, Can anyone help ?

I have some old Video footage on Hi8 Tapes. The original footage has some drop out degradation. (black and white horizontral lines) I have copied this into my Movie edit pro 2013 premium. Obviously the drop out issue is still there. How can I clean up the footage ? There is no problem with the sound quality. I am using a 64bit Windows 8.1 pc, Intel i5 processor, 8gb RAM

Tom.

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 08.02.2015 om 18:53 uur

Hi Tom,

You really need to just split the video track at the point where the distortion starts and then again where it ends.  If for some reason you want to preserve the audio, in MEP2013 your will also first need to seperate the audio track from the video track.  I am not sure why Magix chose to link the audio and video tracks together in this version but they did.  Once you have separated the audio from the video if you decided to keep the audio from the distorted video segment, you will need to replace it with something or you will just have blank video.  I often insert relavent photos or still clips if the audio quality on the bad video segment is good quality and relavent to the story I want to tell. 

George

tombwilson schreef op 09.02.2015 om 17:31 uur

Hi George, Thanks for the reply, but all of the Hi8 tape is distorted slightly. I tried playing around with a sample of it and I did manage to get rid of the drop out lines, so I know it can be done, but I have no idea what I was messing around with at the time that corrected it. I know the last thing I was messing around with was video effects sharpness. But I have since done that with no result.  

So my question still stands

terrypin schreef op 09.02.2015 om 19:05 uur

Hi Tom,

We'd have a better chance of helping if we could see a screenshot or two of what you're describing. And one of your improved sample if you still have that. Even better, short video clips uploaded to a host such as Dropbox.

Laatst gewijzigd door terrypin op 09.02.2015, 19:06, in totaal 2 keer gewijzigd.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)