Video clip (avi) sound makes cliping sound when imported into Magix Edit Pro 16

horsethunder schreef op 04.06.2014 om 02:44 uur

When I open the avi video clip with Windows Media Player it plays without any sound issues.  But, after I've imported it into Madix Edit Pro 16, it has a clipping noise that overpowers the regular audio.  Any idea why that might happen or what I can do to get rid of it?

Using Windows 7 (64 bit)

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 04.06.2014 om 12:07 uur

Hi,

Clipping occurs for one of two reasons.  First is that the audio source was recorded at too high a level.  The second is because the audio volume on the playback track was set too high.  Try adjusting the audio playback level usining either the audio level on the track or by opening the mixer and adjusting the level of the track that is clipping.

George

gandjcarr schreef op 05.06.2014 om 22:42 uur

Hi,

This is not clipping, it is some form of distortion (I have no idea what it could be given the recording environment).  I have been recording live music (both audio and video for over 40 years) and have never heard this type of distortion.  I am going to try to work with the youtube video to see how I can get rid of it.  If I am successful, I may need to ask you to send me a file with the original material so that I can fix a higher resolution version of this recording and send it back to you.  I will let you know how it works out and how to send the file to me.

George

gandjcarr schreef op 05.06.2014 om 23:04 uur

Hi,

I cannot get rid of this distortion with any of the tools that I have (from the youtube video).  Was this a file you exported from Movie Edit Pro?  If yes, how does the audio sound when you play back the camera master either through the camera, or with windows media player or some other player?  Another question, did you convert the file from the original camera format to a different format?  Finally what make and model of camara did you use to record this and was the audio recorded with the camera microphone, an external michrophone or did you use a line out connection through the audio mixing board?

George

gandjcarr schreef op 06.06.2014 om 17:15 uur

Hi,

The best way to get the original file to me would be to send it via a service called "We Transfer".  You can get the free version which allows you to transfer files up to 2 GB.  They also have a "plus" version that allows larger files, but you pay for it and I don't use it because I really don't need to transfer larger files.  You need to sign up by going here https://www.wetransfer.com/  I have used this service many times and have never had any problems with it.

I will send you a private message with my email so that you can send me a copy of the original file, I will bring it into Movie Edit Pro to see if I have the same problem as you and let you know.

I will be going away for the weekend tomorrow (Saturday) morning so I may not be able to do anything until next week.  

George