Reacties

john-auvil schreef op 26.09.2011 om 16:08 uur

This is a user to user area, not support.

I do not have this title, but I do use its cousin to speak... Audio Cleaning Lab. Unfortunately, not all users that own the products come here and share their experience and knowledge with others (which I am certain was the intent that Magix had when they created this site).

To help you, I am downloading the program trial, I will test it and let you know what I find. If you could tell me though, how strong is the wind noise in your recording?

Runedog schreef op 26.09.2011 om 16:28 uur

This is a user to user area, not support.

I do not have this title, but I do use its cousin to speak... Audio Cleaning Lab. Unfortunately, not all users that own the products come here and share their experience and knowledge with others (which I am certain was the intent that Magix had when they created this site).

To help you, I am downloading the program trial, I will test it and let you know what I find. If you could tell me though, how strong is the wind noise in your recording?

Many thanks John, I do appreciate your time with this matter.

The 'wind noise' is reasonably strong.

Thanks again

johnebaker schreef op 03.10.2011 om 11:24 uur

Hi

Wind noise is very difficult to remove when it is anything more than slightly noticeable at best you may be able to reduce it slightly if it is strong but you will seriously affect any audio you need if you over do it.. 

The problems lies in the very broad frequency range of the wind.  Gusting wind tends to produce lower frequencies and large 'pops' in the microphone, a gentle breeze more of a hissing sound.

It is better to alleviate the wind noise using a foam microphone windshield and a 'Fuzzy Cat' - the images are an example of mine fitted with one.

It helps a great deal for most occasions except where there is a strong gusting wind.

The supplier, in the USA,  I used can make one for virtually any camera/microphone combination (I am just a satisfied customer in the UK).  If you require details send me a private message.

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 03.10.2011, 11:27, in totaal 2 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

john-auvil schreef op 03.10.2011 om 17:53 uur

I did some tests over the weekend on this and for my everyday recordings, the breeze sound could be removed quite nicely, but in a test of me purposely trying to make a strong wind noise, while recording voice it was to much for the program to discern.

As "johnebaker" stated, using some sort of shield would be best. I hadn't though of adding some plush/foam to help break apart the "noise", that is a great idea.

gandjcarr schreef op 19.02.2012 om 14:42 uur

Hi,

I am surprised no one answered you after all this time.  Are you still looking for more info on how to remove wind noise?  The Video Sound Cleaning Lab should be able to remove most of it.  You need to read the "Remove and Enhance" section in the manual to get familiar with how the FFT filter is used, and that should solve your problem.  Reply if you are still having trouble.