Using an external mixing desk with Music Maker?

MacTee schreef op 15.11.2014 om 22:39 uur

(I posted this in the general Forums as well, since I wasn't quite sure which would be the best section to ask this question. Hope that this is okay, I apologize for any inconvenience! :-) )

Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying to get into recording music and am looking for software that would suit my needs. I've seen some very good offers for the 2013 version of Music Maker, which is why I'd like to ask you guys for some help on a technical question. I'm sure you'll notice I'm not at all versed in this subject and don't really know my way around recording, so I apologize for any stupid questions.
I bought an external mixing desk a while ago (a QX1002 from Behringer) that I wanted to use for my recording. So far I had just planned to do my recording work by plugging all the instruments/microphone into the external mixing desk and connecting the desk to my PC via USB. At least that's the way I was taught to do it.

Is there any way to know if Music Maker (2013) would be compatible with my external mixing desks for audio input? Is that perhaps such a common thing for audio software in general that I shouldn't even be asking that question? Or is it only possible to connect instruments/microphones with Music Maker one at a time via USB and record everything seperately?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reacties

nihon94 schreef op 16.11.2014 om 07:12 uur

Before anyone answer you in detail please understand Magix Music Maker could only record one track at a time. Even if you got external audio interface, mixer, live recording or else Music maker will let you record only one track.

If you want some professional features in that case Music Maker Samplitude is the answer. Also check other makers ask questions and only when you got satisfied buy that product.

nihon94

browj2 schreef op 16.11.2014 om 15:49 uur

Hi,

Nice equipment. It should work. Download the trial version, Premium, not Basic, and try it out. As Nihon94 indicated,  Samplitude Music Studio allows recording on more than one track at a time, is much more sophisticated and you can connect an external midi controller.

The Behringer comes with 32bit and 64bit drivers from what I saw and they also suggest Asio4all. You will need the appropriate driver.

For recording, you can plug all of the instruments into the Behringer but as far as I know you will only get a recording on 1 track, 2 channels. Unless recording a live performance, it is best to record 1 instrument at a time.

Laatst gewijzigd door browj2 op 16.11.2014, 15:49, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gandjcarr schreef op 19.11.2014 om 19:52 uur

Hi,

I agree, nice mixer you have.  The only challenge I see is if you want to record different instruments independantly will be timing (synch).  If all tracks are recorded simulaneously, it should work fine.  For single instruments, you could try using a click track to count in the first instrument, then listen to the first tack to count in subsequent instruments.  Easist way to do this would be to have the drummer count the first track in eithe with sticks if the kit is being recorded via a michrophone, or count in with cowbell or snare if it is electronic.  You could also just record only a click track on one of the tracks in MM and monitor the audio from MM for that track wile recording the others.  Since the Mixer USB outputs only one stereo track these are the only two ways I can think of to do this using a standalone stereo mixer.  For recording individual instruments, I use a standalone recording studio that feeds each track to an optical disc drive using a click on one of my 16 audio tracks which allows all instruments to be counted in and even keep time throught out the song.  I then export each track as a .MP3 file and bring the files in to Music Maker where I can now mix, master, add effect, etc.

Good Luck

George