Suddenly no sound

gunbjo schreef op 05.05.2013 om 18:07 uur

Another problem appearing now and then. I create a track and testing different vst instruments, suddenly there is no sound from that particular track, i.e I get the sound from the first instrument but not after changing to the second one, although the peakmeter behaves normaly. Using the keyboard I have managed to solve it by closing SMS2013 and restarting it again, but now working directly in the piano roll it does't work. My pc is an Alienware with Realtek audio and Win7. The settings are: Asio and low latency2011,  512/24bit.

This too I find rather strange and I am greatful for any help.

Gunbjo

Reacties

gunbjo schreef op 07.05.2013 om 21:19 uur

I have solved this problem. The settings were wrong because I don't seem to have ASIO. Anyhow I can't understand how I could get the sound earlier with  these settings. With MME i can listen to my melodies but now clicking in the piano roll, no sound at all. Have I missed something in the settings?  Or would I have to buy  a new soundcard?

Hoping for some help

Gunbjo

Voormalige gebruiker schreef op 08.05.2013 om 01:45 uur

A little help, I hope....If everything worked at one time in the past, a new soundcard, while nice, really isn't the issue and I would guess its your settings.  It has beeen my experience with Magix, that even tho' you have selected an option, everytime you re-open the program you have to re-set the option/s.  Why they change while you are asleep, I have never figured out....haven't asked for Magix supporr nor the Community forum about this issue, but yur settings would be my best guess...or your proceedures are not in a logical order...you're skipping something or trying to do to much.  

gunbjo schreef op 09.05.2013 om 14:48 uur

I can give some more info about what was wrong. Maybe some time it will help some one else.

I had connected the speakers to the wrong port---  the line out--- but  it should be to a port called  center/subwoofer, and I have got this kind of speakers.  This seems to have caused all my problems, also the crackle sound, I think. I had a vague visual memory of where the cable had been concted earlier.  Now having changed my settings several times I haven't managed to reset the original settings, so now I have another problem. I have a perfect Asio sound (so to speak) in MSS2013 and no sound at all when being in Windows mode. But don't worry, tomorrow I'll get some help with this.

And thanks again for your trying to help, Gnarly. I guess  it can't bee easy with us having all sorts of hardwares and softwares. 

Voormalige gebruiker schreef op 10.05.2013 om 01:19 uur

Glad to see you are making some progress...even to' MM2013 is sort of a entry level music program, its quite complex and does lots of stuff.  You can really get yourself all confused if you just start banging away and not taking the time to figure out where you are and how you got there. 

gunbjo schreef op 10.05.2013 om 14:27 uur

I was wrong about changing the port. I haven't got any surround and must  be connected to line out. Instead of that I had lost one line in the playback box in "Audio Devices" which caused al the problems. " 1+2 out "had disappeared and I know I didn't delete it, at least not on purpose. Well, now everything works fine.