Soundfont Player

michaeljlea schreef op 17.05.2012 om 18:44 uur

I am using Magix Music Maker mx Premium on Windows 7. I am also using Sfz to play soundfonts and the problem is that when I have finished a song and then export the arrangement as an MP3 or even WAV file, there are notes missing on playback..seemingly random. The notes are clearly there when I play the song in the MMM arrangement window, but not on the exported file. The missing notes are only ones used with the Sfz player, but then again it doesn't always happen with every song that I export, as I say it is 'seemingly' random. I can only rectify the problem by changing the problematic midi objects to Vita instruments, which isn't ideal because they are not necessarily the instruments that I wanted to use.

Is this just an Sfz problem or a Sfz/Magix compatibilty problem? Any ideas anyone?

I do hope that this makes sense.

Best regards...

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 25.05.2012 om 21:03 uur

Hi, I can't really help you with your problem, but I can offer a suggestion.  You talk about "Sfz" in your post when it may have been better to say "CakeWalk Sfz player".  That way anyone who uses CakeWalk may have picked up on your question.  Just a thought.  I do have MusicMaker installed on my system, but have not used Cakewalk" for years as I found them too expensive, and they added almost no value compared to other "freeware" apps out there.

jojjy schreef op 20.06.2012 om 06:08 uur

Greetings. My experience with missing notes is that it was quantized. But your reference with random and proper playback in MMM seems puzzling. Otherwise I would not quantize it then export as mp3 to import into other music editor. So I've a question you may be familiar with. My MMM mx Vita doesn't have the acoustic piano or old synths like my older MMM does. How could I use the voices in my MMM mx vesion's Vita?