Some time I get crackle sound

gunbjo schreef op 02.05.2013 om 23:14 uur

I have a pretty new computer  with Logitech speakers and some time ago I suddenly  received this crackle sound when I was almost finished with my melody. It's similar to what you could hear from old gramophone records. The first time I could solve the problem by deleting a track. I got the impression that it depended on the vst-instrument,  checking  the tracks by muting them one by one. This time it doesn't work. My computer is an Alienware with Realtek HD Audio sound. It has worked fine to 99.99 % otherwise. I also wonder if it could have to do somehow with the number of tracks in Magix Samplitude Studio 20013. So far I have never used more than 8 tracks. And it doesn't happen all the time. Very strange, I think.

Very greatful for any help

Gunbjo

Reacties

Voormalige gebruiker schreef op 03.05.2013 om 01:23 uur

When they don't happen all the time....that really compounds the issue.  Can you save your recordings on something othr than your pc hard-drive ?  Its a shot in the dark but I'm guessing a bad sector on athe hard-drive that depending on how much data you input, you reach it and the data is corrupted....when you input less data, you don't reach it and the recording sounds good   

gunbjo schreef op 03.05.2013 om 16:38 uur

Thanks a lot for your answer. This second time I did the same as the first time. I deleted the last track, but still the crackle sound remaind and that's why I made this question. So yesterday, after having sent the question, I thought I'd listen to my melody again and surprise........ no more crackles. Well, I'll keep in mind what you suggest and also see if I can figure out more ways of testing it, if it appears again.

Again, thanks a lot and regards

Gunbjo