Reacties

Graham-Hawker schreef op 27.11.2021 om 14:21 uur

Uninstall MM2022 first - it won't replace it. Then reinstall MM2021 (the installation is just the free version) and then download all the additional features you have.

SP. schreef op 27.11.2021 om 14:52 uur

@Philip-J All your Premium Edition features from 2021 should work fine in 2022. Do you want to downgrade because of the bugs?

After you have installed version 2021, the program will ask you to install the newest updates. If you do this, you will be back at version 2022.

Philip-J schreef op 27.11.2021 om 19:21 uur

Thank you both. I will make a note I would have to Uninstall MM2022 first. I did not realize I would have to not do any updating or I would be back at version 2022. I would have to make another note to myself to always decline updates.

Yes, SP., I am strongly considering downgrading because of an intermittent bug that causes a slow down in scrolling the SoundPools, and also makes loading a project very slow. I am also unhappy that the new interface works against my workflow. My Loops window is repositioned whenever I open an Object Effects window and I have to restore the Loops window to where I want it. Opening other windows too can cause the Loops window to be moved. To have to keep restoring the position is not very fun. Someone in another thread has shown me the Support page. I may try to raise a Ticket there. Thanks again for your help.

SP. schreef op 28.11.2021 om 00:49 uur

@Philip-J Maybe you will like Samplitude Music Studio more? It's more complicated than Music Maker. But it is the superior program in almost any way except it doesn't have a Song Maker feature. Sadly, over the last years Music Maker became more and more a buggy software to sell expensive loop packs.

Philip-J schreef op 28.11.2021 om 14:44 uur

Thanks, SP., I will take a closer look at Samplitude Music Studio. I can probably live without the Song Maker feature, although it would be interesting to hear what the new AI is like. Interesting enough to pay the $70 Canadian, I'm not sure. I have the rest of the day before the offer expires. You are right the loop packs have become very expensive. It wasn't so bad when they came on DVD. You'd get maybe 10 sound pools but now, buying them individually would cost more than the DVDs did. One thing that tempts me about the MM Premium 2022 upgrade offer is it comes with Soundpools. Even if the software is buggy and more difficult to use, the Soundpools may be worth about $70 Canadian.

Graham-Hawker schreef op 28.11.2021 om 15:47 uur

You are right the loop packs have become very expensive.

I have about 20 soundpools and they cost me very little. At present they are quite cheap in the Black Friday sale and reduced priced sales are not rare. The regular Humble and Fanatical bundle offers means you can get things cheap. Two vouchers for less than a dollar. I got a bundle really for Samplitude Music Studio, which gives access to a whole pile of instruments, for less than $10 which also included the Score Edition and thus more soundpools.

Philip-J schreef op 29.11.2021 om 02:27 uur

Thanks for the suggestions. I have never heard of Humble and Fanatical. A Bing search finds and extrabux site. Something to do with them? I have over 100 soundpools, all Magix. Some date to around 2000 or so.

SP. schreef op 29.11.2021 om 02:33 uur

@Philip-J Humble Bundle and Fanatical have two or three Magix software sales per year where you can get about four or five (older) programs in a bundle for a very cheap price.

There is a bundle available right now at Fanatical:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-music-bundle-2-by-magix

Philip-J schreef op 29.11.2021 om 14:09 uur

That's the way to do it. I don't need the latest and greatest. I suppose I can just wait until 2026 to get a 2023 bundle on the cheap. Thanks, I'll make a note.