Reacties

emmrecs schreef op 05.06.2014 om 13:39 uur

First, can you please give us the information requested in this post: http://www.magix.info/uk/please-do-the-following-before-posting-your-question.forum.621831.html

As to your question, I think MEP "defaults" to whichever locale is chosen when you install the program.  Region 2 suggests UK, I think.  Assuming you live in the UK and chose that as the selected language when you installed MEP I'd be very surprised if your discs are not compatible with UK players.  So, perhaps, a little more detail about the format of your original video files, your chosen export format, etc., please.

Jeff

Laatst gewijzigd door emmrecs op 05.06.2014, 13:39, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

gandjcarr schreef op 06.06.2014 om 17:56 uur

Hi,

As far as Movie Edit Pro is concerned, you really don't need to think in terms of region codes at all.  Region codes really only apply to commercial DVDs.  What you need to be concerned with is which video standard does the DVD player that you want to use support.  So basically it is NTSC or PAL.  For example, Europe and Japan are both considered to be Region 2, Europe uses pretty much the PAL standard and Japan uses the NTSC standard yet both are Region 2.  If you burn a DVD using the NTSC standard it will not likely play on a DVD player in Europe (unless it is a multi standard player).  If you burn a PAL DVD, it will likely not play in Japan or the U.S. (which is actually Region 1) for the same reason.  So regions are really meaningless for the purpose of this discussion unless you are creating a commercial DVD and only want certain copies to be able to play in specific geographic regions.  Just know which video standard your player uses and make sure your program and project settings are set up to handle the right video format.

I hope this helps,

George

ps. SECAM is a third video format which is pretty much obsolete but pretty similar to PAL so if you say live in France where SECAM was once popular and have a older player, I would try PAL.