Photo's do not appear in timeline of Premium 17

wichm schreef op 05.10.2010 om 16:38 uur

When I installed version 17 today I noticed that i was not asked whether the program could only be used by the administrator or all users. I would have liked to choose the latter option. Anyhow when I wanted to continue working on a project wherein I used various photographs I noticed that photo's that some photo's could not be found by Magix although I picked them out in the directory. When I opened the project various photo's which appeared in timeline could not be seen in the window left and did not play either. I changed the settings of the photos in 'share by all users' but that did not have any effect. This is not the case with all photo's - most appeared normally, but what should I do with the others? And can I still opt for use by all users instead of 'administrator only' in this program? It might be the reason for this failure.

Fourteen days have passed since I posed the above question and nobody seems to have an answer Even Magix people remain silent and are helplessly faced with flaws in their 16 and 17 versions of Video de Luxe premium. So much for their service. They assigned me a question number - promised to answer in a few days - and are not responding, even after a month.

Reacties

RiViS schreef op 05.10.2010 om 17:47 uur

Hallo wichm,

To change to All users, you can do the following:

Go to Start/ All programs/ Magix/ then rightclick on Premium17 and then click on  Properties. Go to Tab Security, there you can change the settings. I hope I used the correct English terms, since I have a Dutch Win7 version.

regards,

Rijk

wichm schreef op 06.10.2010 om 18:16 uur

Bedankt. Heb dit gedaan, maar helaas, de foto's willen nog steeds niet openen in de time line in dit project terwijl ze dat in versie 16 wel deden. Ik heb de betreffende files nog eens gecheckt en geconstateerd dat ze op 'share' staan. Wel krijg ik af en toe een mededeling 'ERROR: Unable to load resource DLL'  Weet niet of dat hierop betrekking heeft.

Ik ben behoorlijk geïrriteerd door deze set-back, waardoor ik niet verder kan gaan met mijn project en mij alleen maar tijd kost. Had ook al (andere) problemen met versie 16. Wat is dat toch met Magix?

Hallo wichm,

To change to All users, you can do the following:

Go to Start/ All programs/ Magix/ then rightclick on Premium17 and then click on  Properties. Go to Tab Security, there you can change the settings. I hope I used the correct English terms, since I have a Dutch Win7 version.

regards,

Rijk

lucky_me schreef op 13.10.2010 om 18:55 uur

in programmainstellingen, tapblad directories staan alle paden waar het programma zoekt en schrijft. Dit is verschillend in de versie 16 en 17. Met dit juist te zetten zou het moeten opgelost zijn.

succes

wichm schreef op 14.10.2010 om 10:36 uur

in programmainstellingen, tapblad directories staan alle paden waar het programma zoekt en schrijft. Dit is verschillend in de versie 16 en 17. Met dit juist te zetten zou het moeten opgelost zijn.

succes

Bedankt voor het antwoord, maar ik vraag me af of dit juist is. Ik heb geen verschil gezien in de mappen instelling van versies 16 en 17.  Magix doorzoekt alle HD's en mappen, niet alleen degenen die in de instellingen staan. Inmiddels heb ik een andere observatie gedaan namelijk als ik de jpg foto's omzet en opsla als bmp of tif bestanden (in dezelfde map), zij wel openen in timeline. Ra ra, hoe kan dat?