Out of Focus

nirvanray schreef op 20.07.2012 om 16:22 uur

Is it possible to have an out of focus effect on a video?
Earlier George had advised me that can be done by selecting the segment of the video and then going to Effects and, clicking on to video effects, then click on sharpness or sharpen control, or the artistic blur control. 
Everything is fine but the problem is that I am sorry to say how do select that particular segment.
Please help.

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 20.07.2012 om 18:36 uur

Hi, If you are asking to create a "out of focus" effect that is pretty easy.  Select the video segment that you want to apply the effect to.  Go to the "effects" tab, click on "video effects", then click on "sharpness".  You can now choose between the "sharpen" control, or the "artistic blurr" control.  If you are trying to correct the focus for something that was shot and is out of focus, that is harder.  The "sharpness" control will be a little help, but if the clip is seriously out of focus, you need to look at more sepcialized software to accomplish this in video.  

Good Luck

gandjcarr schreef op 21.07.2012 om 17:39 uur

Hi, You are going to need to cut the video at the in and out points of where you want this effect to happen.  In other words, go to the point where you want to start the effect, go to the razor blade icon just above the time line click the down arrow just to the right of the icon and make sure it is set to "split".  That will splid your movie at the entry point.  Now go to where you want the effect to end and do the same thing.  If you want real precision with where the split starts and ends go to roughly where you want the effect to start, then change the zoom to say 5 frames and use the jog shuttle to get to the exact place where you want to make the cut.  If you are not sure how to do this, check out my basic editing tutorial here it is not specifically about how to add this effect but it will show you where all the controls that you need to make the cuts are located.

I hope this helps