My program just hangs

reginaldo_raul schreef op 20.07.2012 om 01:30 uur

Hello
I installed the program Magix Video Deluxe 17 downloadable version to test the program and so buy the full version, but can not do my edits because the program just hangs. My PC is an Intel Dual Core 1.83GHz with 2 GB of RAM and Windows 7 and still gives problem.
Is it some setting in the program itself?
Also wanted to know how to download other applications?
Who can help me?

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 20.07.2012 om 18:16 uur

Hello, Your CPU is probably fine for video editing, but I really must tell you that 2 GB of RAM is marginal at best, and it is even worse if anything is running on your system while you are trying to edit.  email, browser, windows widgets, anti-virus, firewall, etc all consume RAM while they are running.  My system is a Quad Core and I run 6 GB of RAM, and that sometimes does not seem like enough.  As an example, right now, if I look at my system resources based on the processes, services and applications that are currently running, 50% of my RAM is already in use, that is 3 GB of RAM being used, and all I have open right now are MEP, email, my browser a few windows widgets, and the processes that windows actually needs to run.  Movie Edit Pro is currently consuming just under 1/2 GB of RAM, so everything else is consuming 2.5 GB  that is half a gigabyte more than your system has.  You start adding files to your video project, transitions, titles, effects, etc.  and suddenly the application runs out of available system memory and it has no option other than to crash.

Do yourself a huge favor, add at least 2 GB of RAM if you really want to edit video.  You may also want to check out this link   http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/how-much-ram-do-i-need/17491

Good Luck