My audio is out of sync with my video how can I edit my audio track?

andrewmillner schreef op 13.07.2012 om 15:17 uur

Hello,

I have recorded from my analogue camcorder and old cine film with soundtrack. It seemed to record fine.

I burnt direct to disc without editing, and whilst my audio starts in sync, after about 2 minutes, the audio track is about 30 seconds out of sync.

I cannot work out how to select just the audio track identify where to then remove the audio part to then bring the whole movie back into sync.

I have now recorded 4 times the movie and I keep getting the same fault whether I edit it or just direct to BURN.

It is driving me crazy. Surely there must be a simple way to do this.

All I want to do is directly record from my Hi-8 analogue camcorder. No need to do ANY video editing, then go straight to BURN and put onto a DVD.

I cannot work out why the audio is out of sync, and I cannot work out how to sync it in the HELP menu.

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 13.07.2012 om 20:38 uur

Hi, 30 seconds of out of sync audio sounds to me like there is something very wrong with your video capture device, or your computer simply cannot handle the transfer due to memory, CPU speed, disc access or some such problem.  Most video editors allow you to edit video and audio at the frame level.  So at 30 frames per second, you can remove at the minimum 1 thirtieth of a second from the audio track at a time.  If you are really exactly 30 seconds out of synch, remove the appropriate number of frames at the point where the audio goes out of sync.  If your video has speaking parts and you want to synchronize to the speaker, it is much harder and requires a audio edit program that can get down to the milli or sometime micro second level.  I have an idea.  Why don't you upload the clip to YouTube, send me the link and I could look at it that way. This can be done.

Good luck!

johnebaker schreef op 14.07.2012 om 10:12 uur

Hi

There is a missing part in this problem - what is your computer specification?

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 14.07.2012, 10:12, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

andrewmillner schreef op 26.07.2012 om 14:29 uur

All,

It is ok now. Many thanks for your help. 

I resolved the problem after I configured as MPEG1 and though there was some minor video image jitter, the sound is fully synchronised. I may have been exaggerating the amount of seconds but using MVX it was at least 15 seconds out.

The quality of the cine film transfer is as good as I was going to expect. It is not worth me redoing this as it took such a long time to film the transfer (from a cine projector and screen). I do not want to go through the hassle of doing it again as my cine projector is still working and I will still be able to use it.

However, I will try next to do some Hi-8 video transfer to my PC and will see if I have the same problem. If I do have a problem, then I will be happy to upload a sample.

The USB Video/Audio Driver I am using is the one supplied in the MAGIX box.

My PC is AMD Phenom  II 4 core 955 3.20Ghz CPU

RAM - 8GB

Windows 7 64bit

ASUS M4A78-e Motherboard

ASUS AMD HD7770 Direct CU GPU 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card