Movie edit pro 17 upload to youtube gets stuck. Help please?

kenesp schreef op 31.05.2012 om 20:40 uur

I`m a novice with movie edit pro 17. Can someboby help me?

After rendering my video i`ve tried to upload it to youtube..Ive tried this twice already and each time it gets stuck at 80% and stays there for over 24 hours and each time I have to abort the upload. What am i doing wrong?

I`m using an HP quad core. I`m using windows 7 home edition

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 01.06.2012 om 01:36 uur

Hi, I will try to help you.  I actually have never tried to use MEP to upload directly to YouTube.  What I do is I "export" the file as a mp4 file, and then just go to YouTube login to my account and upload the file directly.  You need to remember that YouTube has both a minute limit and a file size limit to what you can upload.  I have never had a problem this this approach as long as I stay under 10 minutes in video length and 1 GB in file size.  I have heard that Google recently upped the limits, but I don't know for sure what the new limits are.  I hope this helps.

Good luck!

kenesp schreef op 01.06.2012 om 01:55 uur

Thanks for the reply gandjcarr.

It is only one song of about 4 minutes long and it is not HD. I think that it is about 343 megs. Actually it is my wife that posted the question so I am doing the replying right now. It is mp4.

We are both old (long in the tooth) and novices at the same time. My wife tried uploading a small little video this afernoon of something else and it uploaded fine. When we play the music video on our computer it keeps on playing over and over ( never stops unless we stop it by clicking stop) so I am wondering if that might be somethng that might be causing the problem?

gandjcarr schreef op 01.06.2012 om 20:46 uur

Hi, I am starting to get a little confused.  The original question was about uploading a video to YouTube.  Your latest  post talks about a song and a music video.  You also mentioned that when you play the music video on your computer it keeps playing over and over.  These are very strange problems.  I could speculate on what the problem might be, but 354 MB for a 4 minute .mp4 file seems exceptionally large.  I have just searched my hard drive and I have many .mp4 video files that are 30 minutes long and less than 200 MB in size.

I too am a lttle long in the tooth, but I have been doing this for years, I started with analog tape, progressed to transferring that tape to digital and editing from there, so I have probably lived and learned through more of these problems than many.  I especially admire people who take this sort of project on and am more than willing to help wherever I can.

Do you use any of the free upload services like "filezilla"?  I would very much like to have a look at this file to see if I can determine what is going on with your music video.  It really should not be this hard to get your video uploaded to YouTube.  If you use some other service, let me know what it is and I can set up an account and let you know how to let me see the file. 

A 354MB file is not likely to go through most email apps but I would be happy to work with you more through email or telephone if that is what you would like.  My email is gandjcarr@earthlink.net  please feel free to contact me directly, or send me a private message via this forum.

By the way my first name is George, and I really enjoy helping people get computers and the web to get the stories they wish to tell completed.  I actually own a business focused on helping people tell their stories using visual media.  No, I am not looking for new clients, I have plenty of business from people who do not have the time, skills, or desire to create their own stories.  My interest here is to help the people who want to do it themselves.

George