movie edit pro 14 plus problems under windows 7 professional

mykeperry schreef op 02.07.2014 om 13:29 uur

I installed movie edit pro 14 plus under windows 7 professional from the original installation CD.

When I start the program, the main screen of the program shows for about 2 seconds and then the computer reboots itself.

I uninstalled the program completely and then reinstalled it with the same result.

The program ran succesfully under windows XP.

HELP!

- Mike

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 02.07.2014 om 18:42 uur

Hi,

Movie Edit Pro Version 14 is not showing as windows 7 compatible according to the Microsoft Compatibility Center.  If you actually have Movie Edit Pro 2014 it should be compatible.  Remember that not everything that was XP compatible will run on Windows 7 or 8.

Movie Edit Pro version 14 was released on March 12, 2008 which makes it over 6 years old.  XP was introduced in 2002, followed by Vista in early 2007, then came Windows 7 in mid 2009.

In Win 7 you could try running it in XP compatibility mode and see if that works.

George

mykeperry schreef op 02.07.2014 om 23:04 uur

Thanks George,

I had read a number of comments that there were comparitively minor issues (eg burner incompatibilities) with running MEP 14 under win 7, but no suggestion of total failure.  I will try your suggestion.

Failing that, I am running Virtual PC, XP Mode with great sucess, I will try installing it on that virtual machine.

- Mike

mykeperry schreef op 05.07.2014 om 07:52 uur

Ok FYI, I reinstalled undet win 7 in winXP SP3 comaptibility mode .... same result, that is, the computer crashed.

I installed in Virtual PC XP Mode with the following error message, "This version of VirtualPC not supported"

MEP version 2014 for $200 (Aus) looks like the only option left.

- Mike