Magix Uninstall SUCKS, They need TO ISSUE a Product that can be UNINSTALLED & INSTALLED.

erickdircks schreef op 06.06.2014 om 15:40 uur

I uninstalled Magix Music Maker MX, and now I can't get Magix Maker Premium 2013 to work.

I have uninstalled it several times, and each time I get this "The program can't start because libFLAC.dill is missint from your computer.  Not it isn't.  I still have the hard drive off my old computer, after trying many times, I coppied that file over the exsisting one.   Didn't Help, so I coppied the entire directory over & overwrote everything.  Still get the same problem missing dll.   Go Figure.   I know this is a problem, because there are many post & unstaller programs out there to fix it.   I shouldn't have to buy something that Magix knows that they have a problem with.  They should have a correct uninstall that comes with the program.  GO FIGURE!!   I would like a FREE fix, anyone out there that can help me???

Thanks

Erick

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 06.06.2014 om 19:35 uur

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that while I do understand your frustration, no one here works for Magix, we are all just users helping other users.  You have not provided any even basic information about your system in your post, yet you are basically demanding answers to questions that require a lot more information than what you provided.  For example, how did you "uninstall" the product?  Did you use the Windows uninstall utility or did you use something that actually removes the registry entries?  You say you coppied over the existing files but what makes you think that the files you copied actually contained any new or different registry entries.  If the file names are the same and you were using one of the Windows apps to do this, what makes you think that the entries were changed at all?  This is why wen you "uninstall a product" you do a full uninstall which removes all previous entries and when you "re-install" you install the product in a "clean" environment.  Copying and pasting new files overe existing ones does not actually buy you much of anything.  The "brute force" method only works if you have cleaned out the existing files and are using the right tools.

So how about you actually do it properly.  Give us your system information and some more specifics on how you did what you did and loose the "attitude" and just ask for help?  What OS are you using, what version of Music Maker are you talking about, how much RAM do you have, how much free disc do you have, when is the last time you defragmentted you hard drive and on and on and on...

George

johnebaker schreef op 09.06.2014 om 00:45 uur

Hi

. . . . "The program can't start because libFLAC.dill is missint from your computer.  Not it isn't.  . . . I coppied the entire directory over & overwrote everything.  Still get the same problem missing dll.   Go Figure. . . . .

The dll may be there and should be registered with Windows however it is probable that the wrong version is registered so copying will not work.

Windows is responsible for maintaining the correct dll references in the registry so it is likely that it has failed in some way either not updating the dll version correctly when you installed 2013 or reverted / removed the dll reference from MX when you uninstalled it.

Uninstall MMM 2013 then run the Cleaner tool available here and remove any remnants of MX and 2013 before reinstalling MMM 2013. 

. . . . I know this is a problem, because there are many post & unstaller programs out there to fix it . . . .

But they are not specific to Magix software - many are generalised cleanup tools which have varying degrees of effectiveness.

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 09.06.2014, 00:45, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.