labs 16 wont install says already present??!!

rashdown schreef op 02.03.2012 om 13:08 uur

I am trying to install Labs 16 onto my Windows 7 boot partition. Error message says already present uninstall by Add/Remove programs. It is not in the list ( I have refreshed it). Find files finds nil for Magix* and Audio Cleaning*. I suspect I may have tried to install it some months ago, which failed. So I can't unistall it and I can't install either! I have used 16 and earlier versions on XP without problems. Now I am stuck. There appears to be a rogue entry somewhere that the install routine is finding. I might try searching the registry. Anyone got suggestions?

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 05.03.2012 om 13:06 uur

The first thing I would do here before you do anything with your registry is to use a registry cleaning tool such as the free version of Magix PC Check and Tuning.  The good ones back up your current registry before they actually clean or remove anything.  There are a number of other similar tools out there that are free as well.  Avoid the ones that do the scan, give you a long list of registry problems, then tell you in order to fix those problems, you need to buy the product.  Good Luck