How to line up original tune with my own instrument track in MM 2014

johnnywalljr schreef op 29.05.2014 om 21:53 uur

Having trouble lining up an original song with my own drum track. I loaded the original into Track 1, then I loaded my drum track, which was recorded from a Zoom H2n mic, into Track 2. They look lined up but they are a bit off. What am I doing wrong?

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 29.05.2014 om 23:22 uur

Hi,

Is it possible that the tempo of each track is slightly different?  To find out, you could try turning on the built in metronome and run each track as a solo.  If they are off even slightly, they will not be synchronized and it will get worse as the song progresses.  If the tempo is exactly the same on both tracks, then you really need to look at how you synchronized them.  This can be a little challenging due to the fact that the recording devices you used likely did not imbed time code in the recordings (I am sure that the zoom H2 did not). 

So you could either zoom in to the beggining of the track in music maker and try to adjust the tracks manually by moving them back and forward, or import them into something like Audacity which will allow you to enlarge the wave frorms both horizontally and vertically and line them up that way (MM only really allows you to adjust the horizontal axis but not the vertical axis of the wafe form).  Either way that you do it, I would add a click track at the exact tempo to help facilitate this.  If you know that the tempo is right on both tracks, and would like me to do this one song for you and post a video on how to do it, send me a private message with your email, I will reply to it and you can send me both files (either .mp3 or .wav).

George

Procyon schreef op 30.05.2014 om 00:17 uur

Lining up the tracks cannot be properly accomplished until both audio files have been assigned a tempo.

Assuming it still exists in the version of MMM you have, you must use the "Bar and Beat Recognition" function of the Remix Agent on each audio file.  With this, you will find the tempo of the track and assign it to the file so that MMM can syncronize them in the arranger.  The more pronounced the beat, the easier it will be.  If there is too much going on in the track, it may be impossible. Once the beat is found, you may ask the application to resample the track to the assigned tempo in order to make it consistant (if that's what you want/need).  It may work without resampling, but any significant inconsistancies will be obvious.

MMM must be set to auto-correct the tempo in the settings for the tempo-assigned files to automatically set to the same tempo in the arranger.  Usually, the default tempo is that of the first file brought into the arranger, unless it is adjusted manually.

From MMM-15...

Voormalige gebruiker schreef op 30.05.2014 om 02:02 uur

Please get back to us if you are sucessful,  and which process did you use.  It will help us in the future if the issue comes up again.  Thanks